Westcountry Rivers Trust (WRT) is an environmental charity dedicated to restoring and protecting the region’s rivers, lakes, estuaries and coastal areas.
We work with the public, private and third sectors, delivering a range of initiatives, commercial or charitable activities to bring about positive change both in our rivers and on the landscapes they drain.
Following the success of our previous projects, we are now delivering the third phase of the Upstream Thinking (UST) initiative, running from 2020 to 2025. Our aim is to achieve improvements in water quality, land management and broader benefits.
We’re now looking for a Senior Project and Team Manager to join our team on a full-time basis working 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £34,200 – £39,000 (DOE)
- Pension scheme
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly organised project manager to play a key role in the third phase of the Upstream Thinking (UST) initiative, which will be running until 2025.
You will be joining an innovative organisation at the forefront of environmental thinking. Not only will you have the opportunity to further your professional growth by developing your skills and experience, but you will also be playing a vital role in our conservation efforts.
Conservation has never been more important, if you think you have the skills and experience we need, apply today!
As the Senior Project Manager / Team Manager, you will manage the UST project, from inception to completion, including the implementation of a project management system.
Providing direction for the UST Project Team, you will ensure objectives are met and manage the UST Farm Advisors.
Reporting to the Head of Land Management, your role will involve:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a schedule of project activities and key milestones
- Managing project finances, including grants and resourcing
- Establishing and managing monitoring and reporting processes
- Delivering quality assurance practices for contracts and farm plans
To join us as our Senior Project Manager / Team Manager, you will need:
- Experience of successfully managing multiple complex projects, preferably within the environmental sector
- Comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience of implementing and maintaining project management processes and systems
- Experience of developing budgets for projects, managing actual costs against budgets and ensuring projects adhere to agreed budgets
- Demonstrable people management experience
- Experience of providing direction to a project team and ensuring objectives are met
- A working knowledge of agri environment schemes and awareness of relevant agricultural or environmental policies
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a related discipline
A project management accreditation and/or qualification would be desirable, as would membership of an appropriate professional body.
To apply, select the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter to your application.
For more information about this role, please contact Kasia Lewis, HR Manager.
The closing date for applications is Midnight on the 31st May 2021 with interviews scheduled to take place on Wednesday the 9th June 2021. Candidates will be asked to give a short presentation.
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, Project Lead, Project Team Leader, Environmental Project Manager, Agricultural Project Manager, Senior Project Systems Manager, Conservation Project Manager, or Sustainability Project Manager.
Webrecruit and Westcountry Rivers Trust are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.