Join our Management Trainee Programme
At Euroforest, our team spends eighty percent of their time out of the office, working with landowners to harvest their forests. No two days are the same, from felling areas ready to harvest, to building protection zones around wildlife habitats, or building roads to access new forests, anything could come your way.
Our employees are dedicated forestry enthusiasts using state of the art technology and latest industry thinking which have helped make Euroforest the UK’s largest independent timber harvesting and marketing company.
Timber is the most sustainable building product we have, so sustainability is at the heart of what we do.
In partnership with other group companies we work with landowners to manage, harvest and replant their forests.
In short, we look after the complete cycle of forestry – even our lorries are equipped with special tyres to protect fragile roads!
With you every step in the forest, your training will introduce you to all aspects of timber harvesting & marketing and ultimately give you your own team and area to look after.
We offer formal training through our established Trainee Manager Programme and throughout your training you will gain experience in every facet of timber harvesting and marketing.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to a dynamic company under the mentoring of an experienced manager.
During your training you will learn how to:
- Organise the harvesting, marketing and sale of timber
- Liaise with colleagues, clients and landowners
- Plan and implement programmes of work
- Prepare costs and financial forecasts
- Ensure the effective use of resources
- Supervise other forest workers
- Be mindful of, and adhere to, Health, Safety & Environmental standards
If you have some forestry experience and are looking for the next step in your career, or if you have a forestry qualification and are just starting out, we’d love to hear from you. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate, self-motivated, professional individuals who can make their success part of ours.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- A commercial outlook
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational, communication and IT skills
- A current UK driving licence
- Degree, HND or equivalent land-based qualification
- Student or professional membership of The Institute of Chartered Foresters or other relevant body
- A demonstrable interest in forestry and the harvesting sector
- Competitive Salary
- Formal Management Training Scheme
- Company Vehicle
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Life Assurance
- 20 Days Holiday
To apply send your CV and a Cover Letter to [email protected] quoting reference ENVJ/TM0521. Closing date for applications is Friday 11th June 2021.
Please note that we would make reasonable adjustments where possible to ensure that our places of work are inclusive and allow us to support the creation of a diverse and engaged business.