Job title: Project Manager (data and project delivery)
Company: Considerate Group (Considerate Hoteliers Ltd)
Hours: Full time
Location: London or Munich
Experience: 5-10 years
Salary: £31k+ dependent on experience and capability
Other benefits: Pension + bonus + flexibility to work from home 2 days per week
Deadline for applications: Open until suitable candidate is found
Start Date: Ideally, as soon as possible after an offer is made
We are looking for an experienced, German-speaking project manager to enhance our team.
Reporting to the Senior Sustainability Advisor, this role will share responsibility for the high-quality delivery of Considerate’s products, services and strategic projects. In addition to coordinating and quality-assuring the activities of Considerate’s team of data analysts, the role will require the scoping and management of consultancy projects, including the development and implementation of client ESG strategies, and delivery of engaging webinars and workshops.
Key to the role is an ability to quickly and easily develop relationships with existing clients and partners, as well as to seek and develop new business. There will also be opportunities to participate in innovative grant-based projects with a focus on technology.
Considerate’s mission is to help hospitality businesses become measurably and inspiringly more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology tools, advisory services and a first-class customer service. With the benefit of a number of long-term client contracts, and a healthy pipeline of new opportunities, Considerate is successfully navigating the challenges of the COVID-19 lockdown.
Through our sophisticated environmental data management system designed specifically for the hospitality sector, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, analyse and improve their environmental performance, while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows for a correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel’s occupancy, restaurant’s food covers and outside temperatures. We are currently developing our mobile app fluttr, as part of an innovation competition funded by the UK Government.
The Considerate Group also provides advisory services to the hospitality sector, covering the social and environmental dimensions of sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to, developing holistic ESG strategies, delivering workshops, corporate sustainability reporting, and the provision of various sustainability toolkits.
We are a growing team of dedicated hospitality and sustainability specialists, currently operating out of London, Munich and New York, servicing clients worldwide.
Coordinating Considerate’s team of data analysts
- Oversight of weekly activities for Considerate’s London-based team of data analysts
- Quality-assurance of English and German language, data-led reports and work-stream outputs
Scoping and delivery of consultancy projects
- Support the scoping of strategic projects and solutions for clients, including input into English and German language written reports / proposals.
- Take a leading role in the delivery of advisory projects which may range in scope from environmental, resource consumption data analysis and compiling carbon foot printing reports to delivering workshops or writing policies for individual clients.
Delivery of engaging webinars and workshops
- Design and deliver virtual webinars and face to face workshops to clients, in English and German, on topics including: ESG strategy development, policy writing, CSR branding, green team set up and development, waste management, carbon foot printing, etc.
- Actively promote and represent Considerate Group by delivering presentations and attending events, in English and German, with potential clients and industry peers.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, using email, virtual and face to face presentations and meetings, and LinkedIn.
- Develop and maintain team relationships; as part of a small team with a relatively flat reporting structure, support colleagues at all levels as needed to ensure effective clients/project delivery.
- Keep up to date with technical developments in fluttr and Con-Serve™
- Keep abreast of sustainability and hospitality landscape, including scientific and industry developments (as well as political, legislative, market and voluntary market developments).
- Deliver entrepreneurial advice/suggestions within the company to further develop the sustainability offering.
Required experience & interests
- At least three years of work-based experience in sustainability, either as a consultant or in-house corporate sustainability professional
- Direct experience working in hospitality operations and/or management
- Experience in project and people management and/or supervision
- An interest in environmental sustainability and hospitality
- Interested in working in a dynamic start-up environment
- Fluent written and spoken English and German.
- Highly organised and pro-active project management skills, with an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent technical skills in sustainability, including advanced analytical skills and the ability to solve technical challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms
- Excellent presentation and workshop delivery skills; able to present ideas in a proficient manner in a number of settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail; confident quality assuring own and others’ work.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast changing, start-up environment with an ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and changing priorities.
- Highly customer service orientated with strong business/commercial acumen.
- Self-driven and reliable.
- A master’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work-based research and analytical experience.
- Understanding of the key resource use considerations in the built environment and experience of metering systems including AMRs.
- Strong knowledge of climate change, sustainability or non-financial reporting, along with legislative, market and voluntary market developments, particularly in sustainability and the hospitality sector.
- Understanding of low energy/carbon technologies and operational interventions designed to meet carbon reduction strategies.
- Specific experience calculating and reporting on carbon footprints.
- Experience in conducting broader ESG, CSR or sustainability audits
- Additional language(s), ideally French and/or Spanish
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
- Send your CV and a covering letter to Kate Orszulik at [email protected]
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete an online, analytical task and provide one employer reference in full before being invited to attend an interview.