We are seeking to recruit 3 Supporter Advisers who understand the importance of customer care and can provide an excellent level of customer service.
Supporter Adviser – Membership
Location: RSPB UKHQ – The Lodge
Salary: £18,250.00 – £20,080.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, annual leave, flexible working
Do you love nature? Do you enjoy engaging with the general public? Are you looking for a role where you can utilise your customer service skills to have inspiring conversations about wildlife and talk about the great work the RSPB is doing to save it? If so, we’d love to hear from you?
The RSPB Supporter Services team is a dedicated supporter facing team, working continuously to meet the needs of 1.2 million RSPB members, supporters and the public; dealing with up to a quarter of a million questions, and actions each year through various contact channels including phone, email and increasingly through social media.
What’s the role about
You need to be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally, be able to work well as part of a team and thrive working in a dynamic, high profile environment.
This role plays an essential part in retaining support for the RSPB, so that we can continue to carry out vital conservation work. We need someone who understands the importance of customer care and can provide an excellent level of customer service. You need to be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, be able to work well as part of a team and thrive working in a dynamic, high profile environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service, with an interest in conservation and nature, to develop their administrative and customer service skills with the UK’s largest nature conservation charity.
What we need
Supporter Advisors (Membership) provide consistent and enthusiastic front line support, pertinent information, complaint resolution and advice to existing and prospect supporters, addressing potentially sensitive issues, managing reputational risk and enhancing the Supporter Experience by developing conversations to acquire, retain, cross –sell and promote financial and or non-financial support for the RSPB work to save nature.
The successful will also be expected to work flexibly to provide ad hoc to the Wildlife team during times of high demand
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- RSPBs mission and its various products and memberships.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Gift Aid and the associated business rules.
- Understands & adheres to the Data Protection Act,
- Experience in working within a dynamic, high profile environment.
- Experience of Complaint handling and customer care: Able to develop positive relationships with Supporters including those providing negative feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a customer service role in the charity or conservation sector
- Is self-motivated and able to take the initiative.
- Experience / capable of cross selling and up selling to customers.
- Able to manage own workload with high degrees of flexibility to match customer demand.
- Experience of MS Office and Supporter Databases.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, planning, effectiveness and productivity
- Able to work quickly and under pressure during supporter phone calls with complex databases, systems, financial software and online portals
- Empathy in communications with recently bereaved supporters and In Memoriam support
- Knowledge of U.K Birds and other wildlife including wildlife law and species identification
Expiry date: 23:59, 21 May 2021
No agencies please.