Carbon Copy – Social Media Coordinator
Carbon Copy is a UK charity that shares and celebrates local climate action, accelerating progress towards a carbon zero future. By showcasing success stories, we shine a light on communities, councils and companies that are tackling the climate crisis, inspiring others to replicate the initiatives that are working.
Carbon Copy is seeking a hands-on social media coordinator with impact, ready to handle all aspects of social channels from strategy to day-to-day management, for a start-up environmental charity. Working with the Communications Manager this role will help build our presence and voice.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Managing Carbon Copy’s social channels including: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook
- Planning and producing content in advance including written copy, visuals and videos
- Responding to breaking news and trends where relevant to Carbon Copy
- Communicating and engaging with other social media users and organisations by commenting, sharing and messaging via the platforms
- Developing and maintaining a strong brand presence for Carbon Copy across social channels
- Devising social media content and approaches for specific communications campaigns
- Updating and implementing Carbon Copy’s social media strategy
- Monitoring and improving effectiveness of our social media (KPI tracking and optimisation)
- Hands on experience of content management and production
- Proven experience using social channels particularly Twitter and LinkedIn
- Ability to produce & deliver a range of creative content
- Competent with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent copy writing and storytelling skills
- Comfortable using social media scheduling tools
- Experience of Google and social media analytics tools
- Proactive and able to manage a busy and varied workload
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Suitable home-working space and equipment (laptop, smartphone etc.)
- Relevant marketing, communications, or PR qualification
- Graphic design, animation and/or videography skills
- Experienced using Buffer
- Competent with creative software including Adobe CS and Canva
- Experience of setting up and managing social media advertising campaigns
- Interest in climate change mitigation/environmental issues
Start date: June 21, 2021
Hours: 28 hours per week, ideally divided across 4-5 days of the week, with core hours held between 9am and 2pm.
Job type: Trial 4-week period, followed by a 6-month contract.
Place of work: All work is from home.
We are recruiting for this role as applications are made, our target is to begin interviews during the week commencing 10 May.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please email us your CV or Resume to [email protected] and attach a cover-letter introducing yourself and stating how your experience meets the jobs requirements.
Carbon Copy promotes and embraces diversity in its everyday work as an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our work visit carboncopy.eco