The Conservation Volunteers – The Community Volunteering Charity
Every day TCV works across the UK to create healthier and happier communities for everyone – communities where our activities have a lasting impact on people’s health, prospects and outdoor places.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of a developing project which will operate across Adur & Worthing, until the end of September 2021. The project, Growing Communities, is funded by the National Lotteries Community Fund and we are working in partnership with Adur District and Worthing Borough Councils.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Project Officer who will be part of a core team who will provide the driving force behind the delivery of Health & Wellbeing improvements through physical activity.
The Growing Communities Project will radically transform the health and happiness of individuals in coastal community areas of Adur and Worthing. We want people to be more in control of their lives and actively engaged in the decisions and actions that affect them. This will lead to a better quality of life, where early action prevents more costly consequences, both in social and financial terms. Using green spaces as a platform we will deliver projects/activities identified by local people that address local needs.
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individual to support community groups to develop and deliver a range of practical conservation type activities which engage and include local communities within a range of habitats e.g. woodlands, ponds, parks and other urban greenspaces. A key part of this role is to support community groups to develop the skills and confidence to develop and deliver these activities with their local communities independently from TCV.
The successful applicant will have:
- A self- starter with strong interpersonal skills within a community setting.
- Experience and understanding of working with community groups and supporting community groups to develop conservation type projects and activities which engage and involve the local communities.
- The ability and experience support community groups to engage with their local communities including hard-to-reach people.
- Experience of leading and delivering conservation activities in a range of habitats e.g. woodlands, ponds, parks and other urban greenspaces which engage and involve the local communities.
- Willingness to support the delivery of a range of family activities on public greenspaces e.g. creative, sporting or physical activities.
- Experience of using social media and a willingness to contribute to the communications, marketing and publicity of TCV Growing Communities.
- The ability to work to deadlines, ensuring monitoring return forms are completed promptly and accurately.
- An understanding of Safeguarding and Health and Safety with relation to practical activities, raising any issues and concerns following TCV policies and procedures.
- The role involves regular evening working, and weekends.
* This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
* A full driving licence is required as the post holder has use of a company vehicle.
A bit more about us:
We recognise that each community and the people living there have different needs. Whether improving wellbeing, conserving a well-loved outdoor space or bringing people together to promote social cohesion and combat loneliness, TCV works together with communities to deliver practical solutions to the real-life challenges they face.
For over 50 years we have adapted our work with volunteers to reflect the changing needs of communities in the UK and, by giving people a sense of purpose and belonging, we have empowered them to take control of their lives and outdoor spaces for the benefit of all.
Whilst our activities vary, our inclusive approach has remained consistent; bringing people and places together to create happy, healthy and connected communities for everyone.
Join in, Feel good.
Closing date for completed applications: 9am Thursday 20th May 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 25th May at: on-line
Return completed application form via email to [email protected]