Three sister companies – Air Quality Consultants Ltd, Noise Consultants Ltd and Logika Consultants Ltd – together form the Logika Group of Companies. We comprise more than 50 environmental experts based in the UK and continental Europe, with the three companies managed by a single senior leadership team. We see flexibility and collaboration as essential to our continued success and we manage the Group of companies as if a single entity. We provide people with the opportunity to progress and work on interesting projects with a wide range of valued clients who operate in a variety of sectors.
In 2020, we established an Environmental Policy and Economics Practice that works horizontally across the group. This new part of our business provides high quality policy advice, strategic insight, scientific, policy and economic analysis in a range of environmental policy areas. These include air quality and emissions, chemicals, climate change, circular economy, waste and water policy. Further details can be found here: environmentalpolicyandeconomics.com. We have also established a Brussels based part of the business to grow the company outside of the UK.
Our aim is to be at the forefront of the development and implementation of environmental policy, for international bodies, governments, businesses, and NGOs. Our existing clients include the UK Government, the European Commission, international development banks, environmental NGOs, the UN as well as industry trade associations and companies. We provide technical, scientific, and socio-economic advice, based on objective, impartial and evidence-based analysis.
The team has established positions on a broad range of frameworks with the European Commission and secured work with a wide range of clients. We are busy delivering contracts on air quality and emissions, chemicals, industrial pollution control, waste, water and circular economy policy. We are now looking for a new addition to the team, at senior consultant or principal consultant levels. If you have a keen interest in public policy; are able to analyse and interrogate data; communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, then we want to hear from you.
This is an exceptional opportunity at an exciting time both for our business and for international environmental policy. With us, you will have immediate client facing opportunities, be involved in development and implementation of the strategy of the new company, play a key role in business development, in writing winning bids and in thought leadership. You will play a key role in the delivery of our work. You will have opportunities for line management, business development, international travel and for career progression.
In return, you will work in a friendly, supportive environment. You will be given one to one support, mentoring, learning and development via experienced colleagues.
We would consider more senior roles for the right candidate.
Skills and experience we are looking for
You will regularly work in multi-disciplinary, international teams, contributing to policy development, implementation, and evaluation; cost-benefit analysis; model development; information/ data collection and analysis; stakeholder consultation; report writing and verbal presentation.
- Prior experience in the development, assessment, evaluation, or appraisal of environmental policy for international bodies, government or industry clients.
- Experience of environmental policy analysis within a consultancy, government, research agency/think tanks, NGO or private sector / industry organisation. We would expect a minimum of five years’ experience for the Senior Consultant level role and upwards of eight years for the Principal Consultant role.
- Demonstrable experience in national/international environmental policy development and implementation in at least one of following topics: climate change, chemicals, air quality, industrial emissions, waste and/or water.
- Demonstrable experience in some of the following: evaluation of technical / policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation, and analysis; and stakeholder consultation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear and concise reports in English.
- Organisation, initiative, and the ability to plan your work and adhere to fixed deadlines.
Skills and experience that is particularly desirable
- Mathematical / quantitative analysis, data / statistical modelling skills.
- Analytical / economic techniques such as: survey design and execution; market analysis socio-economic analysis; regulatory impact assessment.
- Working knowledge of the European Commission’s Better Regulation Guidelines.
- Understanding of the development of public policy and the methods for assessing the economic and environmental impacts of government action.
- Familiarity with national / international sources of government and business statistics.
- Published work in the above field.
- EU language capabilities would be particularly welcome.
What we offer
We are a growing Group of companies that wants to do things differently, with an exciting future that will help you shape and realise your ambitions. You will have a great opportunity to work with a talented and dedicated team and be able to develop your career as the company grows.
We ensure we can support our employees through offering wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals. These include flexible working, trained mental health first aiders and readily available support through our Employee Assistance programme.
Furthermore, along with a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package which includes an enhanced pension scheme, death in service life cover, discretionary bonus scheme and much more.
Air Quality Consultants Equal Opportunities Policy is to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Location: Bristol or London, Brussels will also be an option later this year. However, can be flexible on location.
How to apply
Please send a full CV and covering letter to [email protected] setting out how your experience is relevant for the role and why you are interested in being considered. If you have any questions on the role and/or group then send them through to the email address above.