Do you want to shape the way that communities are engaged in flood risk management?
Can you use your flood risk experience to support riparian owners with maintenance and deliver positive change during 2021/22.
If yes then working on the new Community Flood Action Programme is for you!
The Community Flood Action Programme is a one-year county council funded programme to increase Cambridgeshire’s resilience to flooding through improving the support and information available to residents and local community flood groups. The programme will provide extra benefits to the workstreams that we deliver as part of our statutory duties and powers (as underpinned by the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, the Land Drainage Act 1991 and the Town and Country Planning Act 1990).
We are seeking a Senior Flood Risk Officer who is proactive, enjoys working with communities and other flood risk management authorities (RMAs) and is good at delivering projects on time. The role would suit someone with experience of flood risk management and of working with communities and other stakeholders, to understand their needs and how they want to access information. All of our work involves a high level of communication and you must be capable of explaining technical information clearly and sensitively.
You will make the link between the team’s flood investigations, consenting and enforcement activities, and the development of new processes and outputs to assist with those statutory workstreams.
The programme is intended to deliver the following outputs:
- training for all Parish and Town Councils wanting to set up a flood group or have flood wardens.
- a flood group network
- a new ‘one-stop shop’ flood risk information website
- an improved flood reporting system
- extensive mapping of riparian watercourses
- guidance on riparian watercourse management
- updated policies for the council on when it will support riparian maintenance, and when stronger enforcement action is required
- community funding for post-flood renewal and repair of watercourses and key flood assets.
This is a fixed term post until the end of March 2022.
For further information on this role please contact the Flood Risk and Biodiversity Business Manager as follows:
Tel: 07500 063286
Email: [email protected]