Happy to consider 0.8-1 FTE
Sheffield (with flexible blended working)
£39,158.83 pa + benefits to include 9% pension contribution
Help us achieve more for nature’s recovery and our community!
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust is one of 46 Wildlife Trusts working to make the United Kingdom a better place for people and wildlife. We are supported by nearly 6,000 members and hundreds of local volunteers.
We are currently looking for an experienced finance/accounting professional to ensure that our Trust has excellent strategic financial management and prudent use of resources.
This is a senior executive role within the organisation, responsible for accounting for the Trust’s finances as well as leading the support service provision delivered both in-house and by external suppliers.
Your duties will include;
- Working with and advising the CEO and Trustees on strategic financial management
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and statutory reporting requirements of the Trust
- Leading, managing and developing the Finance and Support Services teams to provide excellent support to staff and volunteers across the Trust.
- The development and delivery of operational financial management systems.
- Supporting the HR & Ops Manager and the team to contract, coordinate and deliver excellent facilities and asset management.
- Managing contracts with external suppliers to ensure the delivery of good value services for the Trust.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of preparing accounts for auditing, financial management and risk control, asset management and the development of operational financial management systems, ideally within a charity.
- An appropriate accountancy qualification (ideally part or fully qualified)
- Substantial experience and knowledge gained within financial management.
- Experience of facilities management and/or IT development would also be an advantage but is not essential.
We would also love to meet someone who has a strong personal affinity with the work of the Trust in meeting its Charitable Objectives.