Eight Associates is looking for a Senior Ecologist to join our award winning team.
Eight Associates has a unique opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to grow our ecology service in the East of England. You will have the freedom and flexibility to implement your ideas and the support to make the role your own whilst building a network and developing the ecology service in the East of England.
A bit about the role:
- Shape the future of the ecology service, undertaking all aspects of ecology consultancy
- Manage a portfolio of projects across a range of developments
- Pragmatic approach to habitat and protected species surveys, and a mature technical report writer
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years ecological consultancy experience
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Hold at least 3 protected species licences
- A superb communicator, able to build networks and develop relationships with clients and design teams
- Thorough understanding of UK and EU legislation, planning policy and best practice
- Experience in designing and carrying out protected species surveys in a range of locations
- Experience managing junior team members
- Experience writing EPS mitigation licences and acting as a Named Ecologist
- Understanding and application of Biodiversity Net Gain and BREEAM 2018 ecology reports
- Excellent organisation and project management skills, including financial aspects such as writing fee proposals and tender bids
- Able to provide the best possible advice for clients, with an innovative, solutions driven approach
A bit about Eight Associates:
- Friendly, award-winning, passionate, energetic team
- Multi-disciplinary sustainability consultancy in the built environment
- Broad range of clients and many exciting new development projects
- Working towards a sustainable future
Eight Associates has a unique and supportive team ethos. We offer a generous benefits package, including a birthday day off in addition to the annual leave allowance, free gym membership, a dedicated training budget, regular performance reviews and a profit share bonus scheme.
If you are an experienced Senior Ecologist with the drive and ambition to use your expertise and networking skills to grow an ecology service and would like to know more about joining our team, please get in touch.
Please send your CV and covering letter in PDF format with the subject line ‘Senior Ecologist Role’, quoting your availability and salary expectations to: [email protected] Please note all applicants are required to provide evidence of their entitlement to work in the UK before employment.
We politely request that recruitment agencies do not contact us regarding this position.