Seasonal and Part-time work available working as an Assistant Ecological Consultant.
Immediate start available.
Working on various ecological projects at various locations around the country.
Assisting on protected species and habitat surveys.
Effective working with senior and assistant ecologists. Liaising with clients and relative professionals such as architects, planners and councils.
Steep learning curve suitable for an enthusiastic individual beginning a career and/or wishing to gain significant experience in all areas working with senior ecologists to fast-track their career within a small company.
Training will be provided via a training plan including a mixture of on-job, taught, and guided self learning.
- Undertaking or completed a Relevant degree (other qualifications and backgrounds will be considered)
- Good communication Skills
- Enthusiasm for Ecology and the environment
- Wiling to travel and work away from home with overnight stays
- Live Local to Derby
- Understanding of the UK planning system and relevant laws and legislations
- Experience undertaking a variety of ecology surveys; Particularly Bats Amphibians and Botany.
- Natural England class license would be advantageous
- Species group speciality
- Own car and driving Licence
- Work from home
- In house and paid external training from senior ecologists
- All expenses paid, includes food, mileage and overnight accommodation.
- Fast-track to becoming an established Ecologist
For an informal discussion about the job, please contact Andy on [email protected]
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter to the email above including the location you are based.