The Severn Rivers Trust is looking to appoint a River Restoration Officer. You will be a passionate and committed river conservationist who will undertake restoration projects across the Severn Uplands catchment, principally in Wales, and the Rea Brook and Cound Brook in Shropshire. Projects will include instream and riparian habitat improvements, fish migration improvements, community engagement in rivers and monitoring. You will work with partners and stakeholders to use best practice evidence based methods to improve rivers for wildlife and people.
As an integral member of the River Restoration Team the Severn Uplands River Restoration Officer will undertake habitat restoration and community engagement projects across the Severn in Wales and Shropshire. This will include delivery of instream, riparian and catchment-wide implementation of capital interventions. Additionally, you may be required to carry out walkover surveys and assist with monitoring regimes for catchment data collection. The role will ensure high quality in completing agreed projects and help develop wider support for an ambitious programme of river restoration using a catchment-based approach, to benefit our native fish and other wildlife.
- Undertaking an agreed programme of river restoration projects
- Monitoring, compiling & reporting on completed walkover surveys
- Overseeing & coordinating selected fish passage projects
- Assisting with electro fishing surveys
- Assisting with delivery of the River Restoration Team strategy
- Manage volunteers and contractors across a variety of projects, inspiring team performance and managing individual development
- Ensure effective communication, feedback and collaborative working practices between all key stakeholders especially project partners and work closely with the statutory agencies, landowners and managers, universities, angling clubs, recreational users and environmental NGOs
- Ensure that standards of excellence are met in the delivery of river conservation and habitat/species restoration projects.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the River Restoration team and across the trust as a whole
- Identify and contribute towards social media and community engagement opportunities as per the community engagement strategy
For further information about the role contact: [email protected]
Deadline for applications Midnight, Sunday 23rd May 2021
Interviews for this post will take place the week commencing Monday 31st May 2021
To apply for this role please forward a completed application form to [email protected] including the job title in the subject.
Please note that a CV or cover letter will not be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a role with the Severn Rivers Trust