Following the announcement of an additional £1 million investment in our Public Rights of Way network, we are looking for two Projects Officers to join our busy Access Team. You will be working to establish and deliver significant programmes of improvements to Hertfordshire’s Rights of Way network for active travel, leisure and recreation.
- A full current driving licence is essential
- Demonstrable record in relevant contract delivery
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence
- Works in a structured way to manage projects from inception to completion independently or as part of a team
We work to provide a healthy, high quality environment for residents of and visitors to Hertfordshire. Through partnership working with other agencies, user groups and individuals we engage the public in our work at every stage.
Our Access Team protect, maintain, improve and promote use of the 3200km network of Public Rights of Way across the county. Through this activity we provide opportunities for informal recreation and commuting, linking towns and villages to each other and the countryside.
- Specification, procurement and management of contracts on our Rights of Way network
- Consulting stakeholders and negotiating with suppliers, contractors, landowners and residents
- Working collaboratively within our Access Team and with colleagues more broadly
- Accurate record keeping including financial management
- Engaging our volunteer teams in maintenance and improvement activities where appropriate
Closing Date: 23 May 2021
Interview Date: w.c. 7 June 2021
To find out more or discuss this stimulating, varied and worthwhile challenge, please visit; https://jobs.hertfordshire.gov… or call Lee Tyson on 01992 588433.