Project Manager – People Programme
Salary: £27,574.00 – £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
About The People Programme:
The People Programme currently comprises a suite of projects and change initiatives, including Workforce Attraction, eRecruitment, and Workforce Planning. It is designed to bring to life our organisational aspirations being developed by the workforce and the Leadership Portfolio as a result of our new organisational strategic direction.
Working within a large integrated programme and project management team, you would be joining a team of project professionals, including volunteers who deliver organisational wide change through programmes, projects and other activities.
The successful candidate will support a Senior Project Manager and Senior Programme Manager in projects and activities within the People Programme.
What’s the role about?
You’ll be responsible for delivering projects and change initiatives across the UK that will support our new RSPB strategy and OWL Portfolio vision. These projects will mostly have a cross-organisational mission, positively impacting our workforce, culture and brand. All projects will have a multitude of interdependencies and stakeholders that will need to be effectively managed. As an experienced and proactive Project Manager, you’ll be used to working at pace, managing a number of projects and ensuring that they planned and delivered to meet our internal requirements.
The People Programme team are dispersed throughout the RSPB and we work remotely, both with each other and other stakeholders, on a daily basis. We are flexible about location, and currently the team all work from home. In non-Covid times there will be a requirement to travel to The Lodge, RSPB headquarters from time to time.
Key activities will include:
- Managing a number of concurrent projects across departments and countries.
- Working with stakeholders from across Great Britain and Northern Ireland. You’ll manage and maintain their support and engagement throughout your project’s lifecycle and highlight emerging risks and issues, advising on mitigation, to the appropriate project board.
- Communicating and engaging with colleagues and stakeholders at a variety of levels. You will be confident in articulating project needs with Senior Management to drive and manage positive change.
- Managing all interdependencies between the project and departments/teams that will be impacted as a result of the change.
What we need from you:
As a project manager in the People Programme you will work alongside project management colleagues developing and delivering projects to meet the strategic objectives of the People Programme and OWL Portfolio.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of leading on the development and delivery of projects using a standard project management framework e.g. RSPB Project management Framework/APMP
- Have experience of stakeholder management. You should be confident persuading and influencing a wide range of people at all levels in the organisation
- Be able to demonstrate where you have worked collaboratively across an organisation with colleagues from different departments
- Be comfortable working under pressure and able to adapt to changing circumstances
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing and communicating change
- Experience of project delivery using the RSPB PMF framework
- Experience of owning, updating and reporting against a project plan (either in excel or Microsoft Project)
- Experience of managing more than one project or change initiative at a time
- Experience of issue resolution, and risk management
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Understanding of the principles of agile project management
- Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers/partners
- Experience of building robust business cases and knowledge of financial PM
- Contributing to and sharing of Project management or change management best practice.
- Experience and knowledge of applying the principles of RSPB Governance & Risk
Closing date: 23:59, 25 May 2021
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position on 7th & 8th June.
No agencies please.