Ecosupport Ltd/Animex International
PROJECT ECOLOGIST, Lee on the Solent, Hampshire
Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated Project Ecologist looking for your next career move? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Ecologist to join our friendly and dynamic team!
We provide high quality ecological support across a broad range of sectors including residential, transport, utility and site restoration. Our key aim is to help our clients achieve the best outcomes for their schemes whilst securing net benefits for the environment.
Your role will be to plan, manage and deliver professional ecological services to a broad range of clients. You will be responsible for the coordination of surveys and field staff, as well as liaison with clients and other professionals and organisations.
You will be based in Lee on the Solent, Hampshire, with travel throughout the region and occasionally the surrounding areas. Your time will be divided between office and field-based work.
Strong communication, organisation and team working skills are essential, as well as a positive attitude, self-discipline and a desire to be challenged!
We are looking for someone with least two years’ experience working as an Ecological Consultant, capable of taking on your own projects and clients as soon as you’ve settled into the team. The following experience is essential:
- Production of a range of technical reports including impact assessment and mitigation strategies
- EPSM License applications
- Project coordination and management
- Client liaison & project tendering
- Strong all-round field skills
- Protected Species licenses desirable, particularly bats
- Bat sound analysis using Analook
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Relevant BSc as a minimum
- Full driving license essential
Ongoing training opportunities will be provided, alongside a competitive salary and a supportive, dynamic and friendly working environment.
Please apply to [email protected], including a CV and cover letter where relevant.