Principal Consultant – Sustainability
We are looking for a Principal Consultant to join our Sustainability consulting group. Acting as a senior member of the team you will lead multi-disciplinary sustainability projects from start to finish – working with stakeholders to understand requirements, develop creative solutions, identify risks and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners and customers. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres.
At Bureau Veritas, CSR is embedded in our DNA. Our mission is to reduce our clients’ risks, improve their performance and help them innovate to meet the challenges of quality, health & safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Our goal is to build a team that looks like the world around us, and we want our people to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a world of trust for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of, contributing to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership for delivery of Sustainability & Assurance projects for blue chip international organisations
- Shape strategy for the services delivered to ensure that we remain at the forefront of the sustainability industry
- Play an active role in the delivery of the annual Sustainability Business Plan with thought leadership and client relationship development
- Work closely with our customers to help them have a positive impact on society
- Foster an environment of innovation, customer service and continuous improvement
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of customers, people and teams
Experience and Skills
- A relationship orientated professional (customers, international network, and teams)
- Competent in supporting the delivery and management of large business deals with FTSE 500 clients
- Sustainability consulting/advisory experience with a successful track record in a similar capacity
- Degree qualified in relevant subject
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think both globally and locally when developing and communicating objectives and strategies
- Experience in one or more of the following is desirable:
- (a) working with carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants, PAS 2050) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060
- (b) approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis
- (c) TCFD and other mechanisms aimed at supporting organisations address, manage and prepare against the impact of climate change