Freedom Environmental Land Management are currently recruiting a Principal Environmental Consultant
The Principal Environmental Consultant will be responsible for managing the technical oversight and delivery of land management activities across multiple work streams in England and Scotland. The Environmental Consultant will be a key part of the delivery team, working closely with our Technical Director to help lead the technical delivery team including the consultants managing each site along with a wide range of specialist sub-consultants.
- Provide Environmental Land Management & Ecological technical support to enable Freedom to meet the technical and delivery requirements of their contracts. This requires a good knowledge and experience of practical delivery of ecological and land management activities.
- Attend site meetings nationally to coordinate delivery and support consultants delivering local work programmes.
- Project manage individual technical call off projects covering a wide range of topics and utilising a wide range of specialist sub-contractors.
- Produce and QA reports in order to deliver high quality reports to the client.
- Provide high level technical advice on ecological & land management requirements.
- Provide technical input into budgeting and pricing of work programmes and quotes for additional call off work.
- Attend monthly contract reviews and provide rolling forecasts for contract delivery.
You will have:
- To hold an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislations and survey techniques;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to produce accurate technical reports;
- Experience and knowledge of land based industries (Agriculture, Land Management, Forestry, Ecology and Landscape).
- Practical understanding of Habitat creation, maintenance and restoration. Practical understanding of ecology, ecological mitigation and wildlife legislation
- Ability to work under pressure in a heavily regulated compliance driven environment
- Good commercial acumen, Budgeting and maintenance of financial information
- Understanding of health and safety management and its application in the context of construction and rural land management.
- Membership to CIEEM or other relevant body – Desirable
- A degree in Ecology or a relevant subject – Desirable
For more information, please apply now with a full CV and salary expectations.
Freedom are part of the NG Bailey Group, one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward-thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.