For diversity and inclusion purposes CVs will not be accepted. To apply, please download application forms from our Careers page.
About Resource Futures
Founded in 2006, we are a purpose driven, employee-owned, independent, non profit distributing environmental consultancy with a 30-year heritage in the waste and resources industry. We are not only passionate about what we do, but also, more importantly, about how we do it. We are proud to be a part of the global B Corp movement to use business as a force for good. Read more about Resource Futures and our global work here.
We have an exciting, key leadership role as Principal Consultant in our Global consultancy team.
If you have a great track record delivering technical support on waste management and circular economy issues to public and private sector organisations in the UK and globally, we would love to hear from you. Your focus will be helping international agencies, national and local governments to tackle sustainable resource management challenges, with a particular focus on low and middle income countries. The role comes with a permanent contract for 37.5 hours per week, five weeks holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays.
What you will be doing
• Technical leadership: You are a ‘sector expert’ in resources and waste management who enjoys getting into the technical delivery of projects (e.g. providing insightful technical advice to clients, developing innovative methodologies, critically reviewing technical documents and preparing high quality written outputs).
• Strategic planning: You will work closely with the Director responsible for overseeing our global projects, as well as the wider Executive team, to shape the strategic direction of our consultancy work outside the UK.
• People management: You are great at leading by example. You know how to develop and mentor others, and to manage and get the best out of a team.
• Business development: You will be commercially minded and proactively seek new opportunities. You will identify, develop and manage bid and proposal submissions for new projects or programmes.
• Project Management: You will be a great project director ensuring projects are delivered to a high technical standard, on time and on budget. You will be required to both directly deliver on projects as well as provide oversight of technical delivery conducted by others.
• Client engagement: You will maintain excellent relationships with existing clients and develop new ones, helping to raise the company’s profile.
We will offer you a generous ethical pension plan (the company will match your contribution up to 7%). We also provide life insurance, an Employee Assistance Programme (including on call GP access), cycle to work scheme, one volunteer day each year, subsidised professional membership, and an opportunity to become a company member. Plus, you will have access to our Consultative Group platform for employee voice. You will be joining friendly, fun, professional, challenging and supportive place to work, and a place that is focused on making a positive impact.
Resource Futures is striving to be an inclusive employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply: please click below to download an application pack.
If you have any difficulty downloading the forms please contact Yeshim Longhorn on 07827932268 or email [email protected]
For diversity and inclusion purposes CVs will not be accepted.
Application deadline: Monday 31 May 2021, 9.00 am
Interviews: Wednesday 10 May 2021, to be held via Microsoft Teams
For any Job Description related queries about this opportunity please contact Dave Lerpiniere on 07841 372224 or email [email protected].
If you have not heard from us by the date of the interviews, your application has not been successful on this occasion.