Cumbria Wildlife Trust is the only voluntary organisation devoted solely to the conservation of the wildlife and wild places of Cumbria. Our small peatland team are the lead delivery partner for Cumbria Peat Partnership.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic officer to use our expertise to help others deliver conservation projects to restore upland wetlands across Cumbria, mostly within the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks.
This varied role will include:
- Planning and overseeing contracts to deliver peatland restoration work
- Undertaking site surveys to identify vegetation and peatland erosion features
- Overseeing volunteer work parties to carry out practical restoration.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Using remote data, map peatland erosion features on GIS.
- Prepare plans and forms for contracts.
- Ground surveys of peatland sites to include habitat mapping and erosion features.
- Deliver practical management work parties on peatland sites with volunteers and project partners.
- Manage all restoration data within GIS systems.
- Work closely with land owners and other partners to develop restoration plans.
You will need to have a good understanding of nature conservation issues in the UK uplands, particularly with reference to peatlands, as well as being self-motivated and organised. Experience of delivering practical conservation projects and lone working in remote sites is essential.
Fixed Term Contract (until 31st of March 2022) – 35 hours per week. Starting July 2021. Potential for extension beyond 31 March 2022 if funding allows.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 7 June 2021.
Interviews: Week commencing 21 June 2021.
For full details and an application pack, visit www.cumbriawildlifetrust.org.uk/jobs or call 01539 816300.
Registered Charity No. 218711 Company No. 00724133
Protecting Wildlife for the Future