The Nature Recovery Manager is a pivotal role at GWT, providing leadership to a team of expert delivery staff, while devising and developing opportunities with the Head of Nature Recovery, colleagues, and external partners to ensure that GWT’s work is continuously increasing nature’s diversity and abundance. Overseeing the team to manage all of GWT’s nature reserves, this role will also work to expand our influence beyond our borders at exemplar sites including Magor Marsh, Pentwyn Farm, Springdale Farm and Silent Valley.
- Work with the Head of Nature Recovery to develop and deliver the Nature Recovery strategy
- Developing, training, supporting and empowering staff to take the lead
- Work with your team and the Evidence Team to author management plans outlining the vision, practical actions and evidence methodologies for each nature reserve
- Author Nature Recovery budgets and input to the production of GWT-wide budgets
- Seek opportunities to improve and expand our owned nature reserve estate
- Work with your team to create work plans which are reported on monthly and updated to always provide a two-year forecast
- Ensure the terms of all agreements and contracts are delivered, evidenced and claims are submitted on time and in full; including, but not limited to, Glastir, Single Farm Payment, grant funding, corporate/landowner/major donor agreements, etc.
- Constantly work with your team and the Senior Development Officer to devise, develop, fund and manage projects that deliver against the Strategy and Business Plan, and ensure that all staff remain funded
- Work with the team to draw up specifications for contract work and obtain tenders
- Work in the office on a fixed day each week to complete administration tasks with your team
- Ensure the work of the Trust is always well evidenced and frequently communicated
- Ensure staff are aware of and abide by all of GWT’s Policies, Processes and Practices with particular reference to the Staff and Organisational Handbooks, HR Policies and Health and Safety Management System
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners, funders and stakeholders to promote a positive image of the Trust and progress our work
- Attend meetings of the Trust including but not limited to All Staff, and One to One
- Promote membership of GWT and represent your work and GWT’s projects and campaigns in the media as required.
- Be on call for livestock duties when the Conservation Grazing Officer is not available
- Carry out any other varied duties that may be required, appropriate to the nature of the post