As part of our ongoing growth strategy, we are looking to employ a Minerals and Waste planning / permitting consultant to bolster our existing, specialist, team.
The successful candidate would report to our senior and principle staff on a day-to-day basis whilst assisting junior members of the team staff with their workload and development.
The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years experience in minerals and waste planning / permitting. If you specialise in one, or other, of these areas but not both, we welcome you to still apply.
The core workload will be in the preparation and co-ordination of planning and permit applications for minerals and waste sites across The Country.
- Experience in the preparation of supporting statements to planning / permit applications
- Experience in the preparation of site plans
- Experience in the preparation of designation and policy assessments
- Experience in liaising with Statutory Bodies (such as The Environment Agency and Local Planning Authorities)
- BSc in either an Environmental/ Earth Science or Town and Country Planning
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience liaising directly with clients
- Experience in environmental monitoring (water sampling, gas monitoring)
- Experience in the preparation of preliminary contaminated land risk assessments
- Junior membership of a Chartered Organisation such as The RTPI or IEMA
Salary and Benefits:
- £27,500 – £32,500 Depending on Experience
- Enrolment on the Company Healthcare Plan
- Enrolment on the Company Vehicle Breakdown Policy
- All reasonable professional and training fees covered
- Enrolment on the Company Pension Policy (contributions can be negotiated)
- Support / mentoring towards membership of Chartered or Professional bodies
- Use Provision of use of company pool vehicles for site work if eligible
- Provision of necessary PPE and/or technical equipment
Location / Hours:
- Flexible working location – Some degree of weekly in person attendance at our head office in Bingley will be required (to be agreed on a case-by-case basis).
- Site work / visits will be commonplace
- Core hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm or 9am – 5pm (again, flexibility around these hours can be agreed on a case-by-case basis)
As soon as practicably possible
- Please provide a cover letter and C.V to: [email protected]
- Closing: 31st May 2021 11:59pm