JKSL are looking for a new site based Japanese knotweed technician to join our excellent team immediately to meet the demands of our constantly growing business. Please note that the start date can be flexible if this is required by the successful candidate.
The role will involve a diverse range of duties and each day is often different. It will initially involve such tasks as:
- Administering herbicide to various non-native invasive weeds (appropriate training will be given if needed).
- Cutting and processing general vegetation (appropriate training will be given).
- General manual labour on our mechanical remediation projects (for example installing root barriers).
- Operating dumper and/or excavators (appropriate training will be given if needed).
We are looking for self-motivated, reliable, punctual individuals with good communication skills and a positive professional attitude at all times. Ideally the candidate will already have experience within our industry but this is not essential as full training will be required. Each candidate has an individual training budget of £1,000/year to help support their development within the company. Our ambition is for the candidate to progress to foreman able to competently work on their own and run projects.
Whilst at present due to the pandemic we are not staying away from home very often to meet the requirements of our clients at times, candidates will be required to work away from home at times. This will involve staying overnight nationwide. The company will provide an overnight allowance which pays for accommodation, breakfast, evening meal and lunch. Working hours are typically 7.30am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday. We currently run a stakeholder Pension Scheme for employees.
A company vehicle will be provided for this role.
The following are desired:
- Full driving license
- CSCS Card
- Dumper and/or Excavator license
The following would be advantageous, but are not mandatory as training will be provided over time:
- PA1 and PA6 Spraying Licence, PA6AW and other spraying license
- Reasonable plant knowledge and an interest in the environment
- Banksman, Catscan
- Asbestos awareness, SSSTS, SMSTS
- Chainsaw and chipper qualification
- Horticultural qualifications
- H & S training such as IOSH or NEBOSH
Successful candidates will be well presented, have a strong work ethic and work well within a team. Due to the nature of the business and working within a range of construction sites, candidates may be subject to random drugs testing by the company or our clients.
- Location: Manchester/North of England
- Job type: Permanent
- Salary per annum: £28K+ (depending on experience)
Japanese Knotweed Solutions Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply please email your CV to [email protected]
Japanese Knotweed Solutions Ltd, Itadori House, Melton Street, Radcliffe, Manchester, M26 4BR www.jksl.com T: 0161 723 2000