Are you looking to be part of the team that is in the front line of the fight against wildlife crime? If you could thrive in a dynamic, challenging environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute your own ideas within a unique and specialised team, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Investigations Intelligence Officer
Salary: £27,574.00 – £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
Duration: Maternity Cover up to 12 months
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and committed individual to join the RSPB Investigations team. The role can be delivered from home or an RSPB office, the post holder will use excellent communication skills and attention to detail to gather, process, record and disseminate intelligence and incident data relating to wild bird crime. They will also be involved with the monitoring of satellite-tagged raptors, liaising with taggers, landowners and RSPB’s field staff.
Acting as one of the key points of contact for our investigative work in Scotland, the successful candidate will have:
- Background experience/knowledge or qualification in either biology, conservation, ecology, enforcement, intelligence, data management, information systems or similar
- Confident telephone manner, able to liaise professionally with enforcement partners, and also handle reports of wildlife crime with understanding and empathy, sometimes in sensitive situations.
- Knowledge of RSPB’s Investigations team priorities and work
- Knowledge of wild birds particularly raptors, and of wildlife protection legislation, particularly Scotland.
- Time-management and organisational skills, able to work well independently yet collaboratively with the team, and balance multiple tasks whilst being happy sitting at a screen processing monotonous data
- Proven IT skills including MS Office software especially Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- A good level of numeracy and literacy with high attention to detail
- Experience of managing data/databases and presenting data in a variety of formats
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to information management including Data Protection Act and Human Rights Act.
- Experience of specialist software eg GIS/Merlin.
- Experience of working with Police standards for information management/best practice, and/or statutory agencies, media, or law enforcement partners.
This is a maternity cover contract for up to 12 months. The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Expiry date: 23:59, 23 May 2021
No agencies please.