Job Profile Summary
A career in productions & operations is an opportunity to help shape the future of bp. As part of the team, you’ll apply digital technologies and an agile mindset as we transform our operating assets in pursuit of our net zero ambition. You’ll also help to develop hydrocarbon resources, delivering transformative projects and growing your talent in all kinds of new and rewarding ways within the operational heart of bp.
Would you like to provide HSE oversight of Offshore Wind Projects and Joint Venture operations?
At bp, we are now looking for an HSE lead advisor to join our Health, safety, environment and carbon (HSE&C) team for Gas & LCE in support of Offshore Wind (OSW) Projects and Joint Venture (JV) Businesses.
About the role:
In more detail, as an HSE lead advisor – OSW, some of the key accountabilities will be to:
- Provide HSE oversight of OSW Projects and JV operations, including close liaison with their HSE resources
- Be the SPOC for new OSW opportunities
- Provide HSE oversight and support for OSW joint ventures and operations
- Lead the development of consistent HSE management systems and approach for development of applications, permitting approval and construction of OSW developments globally
- Lead the development of consistent HSE screening systems and approach for development of OSW opportunities
- Carry out initial reviews of new OSW opportunities at the appraisal, strategy & screening stages and due diligence with regards to HSE
- Support early identification of HSE resource requirements for projects in the hopper as they develop
- Support establishment of OSW HSE risk registers, identifying hazards with preventative and mitigation measures for all stages of the project and operations
- Lead the development and maintenance of OSW Project HSE Plans
- Implement HSE requirements for contractor selection
- Oversee/Manage HSE teams within OSW JVs/Projects as appropriate
- Deputise for HSE&C Manager Zero Carbon Energy
This role is based in the United Kingdom and it is open to some flexibility.
You’ll have a degree in HSE related discipline, Engineering or Science. You’ll also have a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
It would also be essential that you have:
- Extensive relevant experience in projects or operations HSE roles demonstrating strong safety leadership skills
- Highly advanced knowledge of HSE, CCM ER and regulatory systems, standards and policy in highly regulated, high hazard industries
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in hazard identification, with detailed knowledge of HSSE practices and procedures and delivery of safety programs
- Experience in regulatory, consenting and stakeholder management
Your strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams will be a great combination for long-term results in this role.
It would also be useful, but not vital, that you have:
- Experience in Wind Energy or other renewable energy sectors
- Experience in an HSE role within major Projects and/or Joint Venture/partnerships
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
- An open and inclusive culture where we respect our diverse teams
- Collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
Entity: Production & Operations
Job Family Group: HSSE Group
Relocation available: No
Travel required: Yes – up to 10%
Time Type: Full time
Country: United Kingdom
PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
- making our production and operations safer and more standardised
- driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
- growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
- maximising efficiency through sharing resources
- accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
- developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
- building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose
Experience Level: Senior