Job Profile Summary
Responsible for managing a large team to establish and implement programmes to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations and ensure the maintenance of HS&E management systems and regulatory compliance, contributing to strategic development for HS&E and driving the safety behaviours to ensure the business is informed and focused on managing safety and reducing risk.
This role is the HSE advisor within the HSE&C team for Offshore Wind (OSW) Project Phoenix.
- HSE advisor for Project Phoenix
- SPOC for new Project Phoenix with respect to Health and Safety
- Development of HSE management system and approach for development of application, permitting approval and construction of project Phoenix
- Early Identification of specialist HSE resource requirements for project
- Establishment and management of PHOENIX HSE risk registers, identifying hazards with preventative and mitigation measures for all stages of the project and operations.
- Development and maintenance of PHOENIX Project HSE Plans
- Implements HSE requirements for contractor selection
- Oversees/Manages HSE resources within PHOENIX as appropriate
Degree in HSE related discipline, Engineering or Science
NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety equivalent or equivalent
- Extensive relevant experience in projects or operations HSE roles demonstrating strong safety leadership skills with highly advanced knowledge of HSE, CCM ER and regulatory systems, standards and policy in highly regulated, high hazard industries.
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in hazard identification, with detailed knowledge of HSSE practices and procedures and delivery of safety programs. Experience in regulatory, consenting and stakeholder management
- Influencing skills, people leadership
- Experience in Offshore Wind Energy or other renewable energy sectors.
- Experience in an HSE role within major Projects and/or Joint Venture/partnerships
Entity: Production & Operations
Job Family Group: HSSE Group
Relocation available: No
Travel required: Yes – up to 50%
Time Type: Full time
Country: United States of America
GAS AND LOW CARBON ENERGY
At bp we’re reimagining energy, and so could you. By reinventing our gas and low carbon energy businesses we’re advancing low carbon energy solutions for people and our planet. That’s why we need talent like you to join us.
Together, we will achieve this by:
- integrating our gas and renewable capabilities
- building and growing low and zero carbon businesses and markets
- developing new gas opportunities
- driving new decarbonisation technologies and capabilities
- leveraging digital to create innovative zero carbon energy solutions
- creating new business models that are driven by innovative financing solutions
- adopting new ways of working that unleash the ingenuity and potential of our people
- collaborating with the rest of our business to present ourselves as ‘one bp’ to our customers
Experience Level: Senior