Principal aspects of the role
In line with IEEP’s UK strategy, the successful candidate will be the driver for developing IEEP’s portfolio of work on UK environmental policy, he/she will be responsible for designing research projects, fundraising to create a high-impact, self-sustaining program.
More specifically this will include:
- Fundraising and business development: “Incubation” and management of contacts with funders and stakeholders to mobilise funding for impactful projects and partnerships.
- Policy analysis and advice: Carrying out policy analysis on the interface between UK and EU policies, with a view to inform UK and EU policy debates.
- External representation: representing IEEP London with key bodies and partners in the environment field, including government departments and agencies, devolved authorities, parliamentary Select Committees, NGOs, business and academics. Participation in stakeholder meetings, key debates and webinars will be involved.
- Outreach and communication: Developing and implementing a communications plan to raise the profile of IEEP in the UK, including social media, building relationships with journalists, utilising the website etc.
- Project development and management: Leading the development and management of multiple project-based activities linked to the above tasks.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, motivated to work for a think-tank wanting to shape the environment, climate and future sustainability of the UK and also globally.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of UK environmental policy.
- Experience in fundraising and business development, with a track record in winning bids for contracts and for grants
- Experience in building partnerships and establishing networks, with existing contacts within relevant UK institutions and stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in outreach and communication, including written outputs, public speaking and ability to convene meetings and seminars.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced policy field requiring the ability to multi-task and to meet tight deadlines both in a team environment and as a motivated self-starter.
- Willingness to travel within the EU and potentially outside.
- Excellent written and spoken English.