Leading sustainable farming organisation, LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) has an exciting new opportunity for a graduate as a Technical Assistant based at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire (Please note that subject to COVID-19 restrictions, candidate interviews may be conducted remotely via video conference. Similarly, the successful applicant may be required to work remotely initially).
LEAF is looking for a dynamic, proficient and analytical agricultural graduate to join a close knit team to provide support for its Assurance system, technical projects and core technical services. In this varied and exciting role, the successful applicant will conduct internal and external research and project activity , provide support to LEAF’s members, LEAF Marque stakeholders and their associated networks. They will also support the development of LEAF’s core technical tools and resources and contribute to events.
Full time – competitive salary – good pension -Initially fixed term for 18 months with a view to extending thereafter.
Email for applications (please send CV and supporting letter) or for further details to:
[email protected]. Applications close Friday 21st May (interviews early June).
Job Title Technical Assistant
Functional Area LEAF Marque (Technical)
Reports to Assurance Manager
Line management responsibilities None
- Works closely with the Technical Team and other key individuals to develop and deliver LEAF’s Assurance System, internal technical projects and research, its contribution to external projects and the development of LEAFs core technical activities, resources, and services.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support and lead as directed, the delivery of assurance system compliance and system’s development tasks/research projects to agreed objectives and timescales.
- Produce and communicate assurance and technical tasks and plans and liaise with key individuals to ensure outcomes and timelines (internal and external) are understood and met.
- Provide regular technical reports and updates on assurance tasks/research project progress.
- Provide technical support, advice and guidance to LEAF Marque Certified Businesses and LEAF members.
- Undertake technical data analysis.
- Contribute to the development of LEAF’s core technical resources and services and support technical events (virtual and or physical).
- Build effective relationships with members, supporters, and key influencers and support business development activity as directed.
- Any other reasonable tasks as detailed from time to time to support LEAF’s operational priorities.
Key Skills and Person Specification
Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge/experience base in agricultural
- Experience of working with databases and technical data
- Task/Project co-ordination experience
- Experience of working to defined priorities and achieving deadlines and targets
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline/industry sector
- Proactive and self-managing
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Creative and problem-solving nature
- Personable, adaptable, flexible, practical and hands on
- Ability to influence through effective relationship building