Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 8,000 customers, and operate in 100+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
EC4P is an award-winning environmental consultancy focussed on helping electronics manufacturers to minimise the environmental impact of their products once they arise as waste. Sphera EC4P’s software solution (www.EC4P.com) provides a single interface which allows manufacturers to comply with the legal obligations in any country where they sell electronic products. The BOMcheck web database manages hazardous substances in products and is used by over 13,000 companies (including Philips, Siemens, GE, Osram, Agfa, Toshiba and many other global OEMs) to manage compliance declarations for millions of products (www.BOMcheck.net).
Short-listed candidates will be required to demonstrate your research and report writing skills by completing two short compliance assessment tasks prior to interview. These tasks will also give you a taste of the type of work we do.
After completing our training program, your responsibilities will include:
- Producing reports and advising clients on compliance with environmental regulations
- Researching new regulatory requirements around the world
- Reviewing compliance details with the national enforcement agencies in EU Member States and internationally
- Managing client registrations and product, battery and packaging data submissions to national recycling schemes
- Supporting our clients to implement the BOMcheck system across their supply chains
Requirements and Desired Skills
The successful candidate will be eligible to live and work in the UK and will be located in the Bath/Bristol/Swindon area. The successful candidate will also have:
- Science, technology, engineering, law or other technical degree, 2(i) or above
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent report writing skills
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong IT skills and a willingness to learn
- Excellent time management skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.