Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking a Global Program Manager of the Purpose Climate Lab to join our internationally diverse campaigns team. The ideal candidate will have strong program management experience, with a background in climate or a related issue area being a plus.
This role will be responsible for managing the Climate Lab’s global portfolio of work — ensuring projects are on-budget and on-time, and tracking against long-term strategy and KPIs. The Global Program Manager will work in conjunction with the Climate Lab’s leadership team and in-country program and project managers, to ensure high-quality project design, implementation, measurement and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of work experience with a demonstrated track record of project and program management, preferably as part of a global team. The candidate will also have an enthusiasm for funder compliance and reporting and cultivating strong funder relationships. We’re looking for a proven leader with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit. You should also have a strong equity lens that you apply to your work on a daily basis.
This role is offered at the Associate Director tier, and will be a full-time position, with a salary range of £58,000 – £72,000 per year, commensurate with experience + benefits. Purpose deeply values professional development, and there are many opportunities for growth in this role. The person in this role will ideally be based in London and work out of our office there, but we are open to candidates based in the US and Brazil as well.
GLOBAL PROGRAM OVERSIGHT
- Participate as member of the PCL governance team collectively responsible for setting the Lab’s growth and development goals and ensuring the Lab is on track
- Management of PCL annual program budget and multi-funder pipeline
- Provide support to senior Labs leadership in setting country-level strategies and campaign scoping process
- Provide consultation and guidance to senior Labs leadership in making country-level programmatic decisions
- Manage PCL global staffing structure, including making decisions around allocations and recruitment of new team members, in conjunction with relevant senior Leadership
IN-COUNTRY PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Provide end-to-end consultation and guidance for all live projects in the portfolio – from scoping and project set up, through to budget and impact tracking, and finally to internal and external reporting procedures
- Development and maintenance of program, project and financial processes for the Lab
- Oversight and mentorship of in-country program and project managers
- Act as a connection point between in-country teams, and with the wider teams at Purpose
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
- Ensure maintenance of knowledge sharing commitments through development and distribution of campaign case studies and learnings
- Manage PCL grant reporting and compliance across funder relationships
- 7+ years work experience in a project or program management role, ideally from a non-profit advocacy/campaigning organization
- Experience helping to build and manage team culture, ideally globally
- Experience with a large-scale program with multiple simultaneous projects and funders
- Financial fluency and budget management a huge plus
- A demonstrated history of stakeholder management and consensus building
- Must be detail oriented, but also able to think holistically
- Ability to constantly prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High bar for quality, rigor, and integrity in your own work, as well as your colleagues’
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer! We take on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. BAME, LGBTQIA+ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.