Field Technician – Inverness
We are applied hydrologists, specialising in the collection and analysis of hydrological and environmental data and in the provision of expert services in water resources management and flood management. We provide a full range of data collection, analysis and reporting services, from spot flow gauging to long-term, wide-area hydrometric monitoring, and we provide modelling, planning and policy support and consultancy services for water resources and flood risk management applications. We work throughout the UK, and around the world, for public and private sector clients, regulators, governments and agencies. Our website provides details of our work, and our services: see www.hydro-int.com
We currently have an opportunity in the technical area listed below.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes. If you match up, send us a completed application form, as detailed below.
Role Field Technician – Inverness
The role involves visiting various sites, primarily throughout the Highlands and islands of Scotland. On occasion you may be asked to work further south in the Central belt and West coast of Scotland. Work will include field measurements of water quantity (flow), depth, quality, rainfall etc, plus the installation, operation and maintenance of telemetry logging equipment.
- Hands on practical skills
- Installation skills, including use of power and hand tools
- Passion for working outdoors
- Comfortable working in water, able to swim
- Comfortable working at height, e.g. ladders etc
- Good level of computer literacy (MS Office – Word, Excel etc)
- Full UK driving licence
- GCSE or equivalent in Geography, Maths and English
- Higher in Geography
- Degree or other suitable qualification in a related environmental discipline (e.g. Env. Science, Geography, Outdoor Education etc)
- Full training is provided, so none required provided you have the essential skills listed above
- Experience with Hydrometric field data collection is useful but not essential
- Flexible/ adaptable approach
- Good Communicator
- Prepared to Travel and stay away from home throughout Scotland and possibly elsewhere in the UK
- Able to work in a team and on your own.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Interest in working in the water & environment sector
A location near to any of the following locations would be ideal:
- Will consider other locations within 35 mile radius of Inverness
Salary/Package £17.5k + Overtime + Pension + Per Diem Lunch allowance (up to £21k, OTE)
Full-Time (37.5hrs/ week)
Closing date: 21st May 2021. We expect to hold interviews during week commencing 24th May 2021.
How to apply
Please complete an application proforma for this position and submit it to Tarryn Peake –
[email protected] with a copy of your CV.
A copy of the application form can be downloaded here: https://hydro-int.com/sites/default/files/hlsi-application-form-en-gb.doc