Field Studies Tutor
Contract: Full time
Employer: Cranedale Educational Charitable Trust Ltd
Based at: The Cranedale Centre, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 8DB
Responsible to: The Head of Centre
Post tenable: 1st September 2021, but with the opportunity of some paid training and induction to take place earlier in July or August if possible.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our friendly team at our Field Studies Centre in North Yorkshire. The role will offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to provide tailored teaching for students of all ages and backgrounds in amazing places of natural wonder and beauty. All employees at the Cranedale Centre work towards one simple aim – to strive to deliver a first class, high quality residential experience for all our visiting students.
The Cranedale Centre, established in 1983, is an Educational Charitable Trust and exists to promote and advance, through its courses, all education concerning the natural environment and knowledge of the living world. This prestigious Centre is highly respected as a national market leader in fieldwork provision offering high quality courses to students of all ages. It has a long established tradition of valuing staff and providing continuous professional support and training.
The Field Studies Tutor will take a full and active role in the tutoring of all student groups and will be required to teach on all educational courses, at all levels, from KS2 Environmental Studies to A-level Geography and Biology. This is a post with a lot of variety and interest as the Tutor will be involved in both the planning and delivery of field studies days as well as developing resources within the education department. You will also be spending the majority of your time teaching a rich array of field courses in amazing environments that include the Flamborough Heritage Coast and the North York Moors National Park.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly motivated and closely-knit team of young instructors and will receive a very warm and genuine welcome. He/she will be a member of a teaching team consisting of seven other tutors. The main bulk of the teaching time will be spent teaching A-level/GCSE students but some KS2 tuition with junior school Environmental Studies groups will also be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate will possess a good quality degree in Geography, Biology, Environmental Sciences (or similar discipline). He/she must be able to demonstrate a depth of knowledge and recent experience in teaching.
- He/she will also be required to have sufficient breadth of knowledge to be able to tutor on both A-level Geography and Biology courses as well as an ability to teach on KS2 Environmental Studies field courses.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate their enthusiasm and passion for natural history and teaching in the outdoor environment
- A teaching qualification or teaching experience is not essential but will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Candidates will be expected to be proficient in the use of ICT and in the use of statistical techniques.
For full details on the job and to download an application form, please click below.
The closing date for receipt of your application is: 5pm Friday 11th June 2021
Interviews will take place on Monday 21st June 2021. Short listed applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
For any questions relating to the post, please contact the Head of Centre, Chris Cassells.