EnviroCentre Limited has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Environmental Manager to be based in our Glasgow or Edinburgh office but including extensive work in the field, primarily across Scotland.
We are ideally looking for an individual with 4 or more years’ of proven experience working as Environmental Manager or Site Manager on construction sites, who can demonstrate a strong technical background in construction site licensing, compliance investigation and reporting experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key regional and national projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of onsite environmental compliance auditing and providing an advisory role on a diverse range of construction projects including housing developments, renewable energy and road infrastructure projects;
- Monitor of construction sites’ compliance with planning conditions and construction licence requirements;
- Delivery of construction site compliance reports as well as the creation of site specific Surface Water Management Plans (SWMP) and Pollution Prevention Plans (PPP) issued as part of Controlled Activities Regulations (CAR) licence applications;
- Identification of environmental issues and provision of advice regarding mitigation measures to alleviate such issues;
- Provide project management and project delivery support to a strong team of more junior staff delivering ECoW services across the country;
- Manage and deliver projects within the budget and specified time;
- Liaising with clients, partner organisations, sub-consultants and statutory authorities/regulators;
- Writing and reviewing technical reports;
- Mentoring and growing the team through knowledge transfer and development of existing skills and expertise.
- You will hold a degree or higher national diploma (HND) in Environmental Management, a Construction related field, or other Environment focused discipline.
- Experience working with site contractors to deliver advice and mitigation on site to ensure client commitments are met ideally within the role of Environmental Manager or Site Manager role;
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients, contractors and regulators;
- A competent understanding of relevant regulatory framework e.g. CAR, SuDS, flood risk, SEPA guidance, EIA;
- An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends and guidance;
- A good understanding of standard guidance for pollution prevention;
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work well under pressure and undertake several tasks simultaneously;
- Being confident and comfortable working as part of a team or on your own in the outdoor environment;
- Having to work away from home and outside office hours as necessary;
- Good time management and record keeping;
- A full UK driver’s licence. The ability to operate a 4×4 vehicle safely is desirable; and
- Membership of the Association of Environmental Clerks of Works (AECoW) would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
What EnviroCentre can offer you:-
We invest in you and your success. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and achieve their next career steps.
Become part of our highly respected team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts in a range of environmental disciplines who take pride in the quality of service that we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, a training allowance, company pension contributions and more.
To apply, please complete the Job Application Form, which can be downloaded from the careers section of our website, and return this along with your CV to Gema Martinez Lara at [email protected]
You can learn much more about EnviroCentre at www.envirocentre.co.uk