About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines, and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
Environmental Consultant opportunities:
This is an exciting time for Adler and Allan as the Company is experiencing significant growth providing career opportunities in all areas of the organisation.
Our Environmental Consultancy is one such area in which there is opportunity and growth and as such, we are seeking to engage individuals looking for a career in this sector.
We are looking for Environmental Consultants (2+ years of experience in a similar role) and Senior Environmental Consultants (5+ years of experience in a similar role). If you are a graduate, we will have some opportunities coming up later in the year, therefore please feel free to contact us at [email protected] to be placed on our graduate database.
Environmental Consultants will support the Consultancy Division in providing customers, colleagues and other stakeholders with commercially aware, technically proficient and professional environmental risk reduction services. This is a home-based role, with regular travel to offices and sites as required.
This is a full-time role with daily hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday with a one hour unpaid meal break. (35 hours per week). Due to the responsibilities associated with the role, it will be necessary to dedicate any hours as required to provide the managerial support to the business to ensure all tasks are completed. The post holder will also be required to satisfy overtime requirements and due to the nature of the duties of this post on occasion may be required to stay away from home overnight.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Project management with support/training from the regional team, finance and consultancy support teams.
- Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with scope including communication with relevant parties.
- Site investigation design.
- Supervise site investigations, remediation works and verification/validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
- Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- Prepare reports including:
- Preliminary Risk Assessments
- Interpretive site investigation reports
- Site verification/validation reports.
- Control and take responsibility for project financials.
- Assisting Principal Environmental Consultants in the development and training of less experienced team members.
- Identify and share opportunities for the wider A&A group.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as required by the consultancy division and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
Environmental Consultant requirements:
- Hold a degree in a relevant earth science or geo-environmental related discipline and ideally some professional qualifications while working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation.
- Knowledge of the available site investigation techniques, and experience supervising a variety of them, particularly the available drilling techniques.
- Experience of working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit.
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental guidance, regulation and legislation.
- Proficiency in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930.
- Understanding in the development and updating of CSMs.
- Post holder will attend domestic and commercial properties to assist members of the public and as such, must provide a professional service and image of the Company at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, workforce and clients at all levels.
- Awareness of the available remediation techniques for soil and groundwater.
- Understanding of chemical analyses which can be performed on soil, water and air samples.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Awareness of the wider environmental risk reduction sector.
- A teamwork ethic is essential and the provision of support, advice and training to lesser experienced team members will be required on an ongoing basis
- The post holder is required to be self-motivated, adaptable and demonstrate excellent communication, organisational skills and attention to detail
- The post holder should have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when dealing with all stakeholders including colleagues, site staff, contractors and householders in person and over the telephone/email, and a highly professional manner
- Field sampling may involve working in all weather conditions and can be physically demanding.
- The postholder will be required to travel to any location within the Company’s operational footprint; therefore, possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role
- Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the postholder will be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
- Although we are looking to recruit UK wide, the key areas where we are looking to expand our team are; Berkshire, Wiltshire, West London, Hampshire, West Midlands, Oxfordshire.
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Clear and structured career development with opportunities for progression
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
We are seeking to appoint suitably qualified, experienced and knowledgeable individuals to join a highly skilled and professional team. If you would like to apply for a role with us, please send a copy of your up to date CV with a covering email to [email protected] or [email protected] with the following information;
- Which level you are applying for (Graduate, Consultant or Senior Consultant)
- Which location you are applying in / if you are looking to relocate
- Confirming you have right to work in the UK and have a UK driving licence
- Any other information you think is relevant