Manpower are delighted to be working in partnership with HP to recruit an Environmental Compliance and Sustainability Specialist to join their team based in Reading.
HP is a global IT company which has been recognised for its leading work to drive sustainability including sourcing 60 million plastic bottles of ocean-bound plastic for use in their products and has achieved zero deforestation associated with client branded paper – just to name a few initiatives!
The team are passionate individuals who thrive on making a positive, long-lasting difference to the environment. The mission of the team is to ensure customers can and want to purchase HP’s products because they are safe, legally compliant and exceed customers’ sustainability expectations throughout their lifecycle. Managing compliance is therefore a key component of HP’s work – including tracking regulations, understanding and communicating compliance requirements, developing and maintaining compliance processes; and undertaking targeted advocacy. In addition, the team also work together with their internal sales teams and with customers and partners to help their customer achieve their sustainability goals.
Be Part of the Journey
The major focus of your role will be to support environmental compliance projects within the UK and Ireland helping HP to track, influence and ensure compliance with legislative requirements on WEEE, batteries, packaging, eco design, waste shipment, materials, the circular economy and manage / track changes that will emerge from Brexit.
In addition, you may also help support local sales and marketing teams, channel partners and customers in leveraging HP’s sustainable impact strengths to demonstrate how we can best meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Managing compliance and environmental regulations / legislation in UK&I
- You will help track, influence and ensure compliance with legislative requirements on WEEE, batteries, packaging, eco design, waste shipment, materials and the circular economy; and in particular track changes that may emerge from Brexit
- Responsible for policy analysis and communication across internal teams through conveying relevant requirements to product development business units
- Using your deep knowledge of HP’s environmental policy, you will provide constructive feedback into any policy proposals
- Proactively engage with sales and marketing teams, channel partners and customers in leveraging sustainable impact strengths to demonstrate how to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
- Support local sustainable impact community initiatives, to make a positive difference in the communities
- Passion for sustainability and drive to make a positive difference
- Degree qualified with a significant sustainability or environmental policy focus (e.g. Geography, Environmental Policy, Environmental Management, Environmental and Business, Environmental Law or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge and experience of environmental policy requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication with confidence speaking to policy makers, presenting to customers, and with senior management
- Advocacy / influencing skills to rally support from stakeholders to deliver on objectives
- Enthusiasm, ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to understand compliance requirements and develop solutions
- Business experience, acumen and ability to work with customers together with an authentic customer service orientation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage fluid situations and take appropriate action efficiently
- Excellent team-working skills
An advantage would also be expertise in one or more of the following areas: WEEE, batteries, packaging, eco design policy, waste shipment, materials and the circular economy and/or interest in or experience of the policy making process or working within a policy making environment.
The role is based in HP’s Reading office, with occasional travel to London required.