As one of our Energy Advisors you will work as part of a team to support householders on our telephone service. The service is un-scripted and caller-led. The advice and will include providing guidance around tariff switching, fuel debt advocacy, heating controls, energy bills, energy efficiency measures, renewable energy options and grant funding. You will then be expected to guide householders into the best pathways, and support them subsequently to achieve the right outcomes. As policies and initiatives are often changing, you will be expected to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the various options and referral routes open to householders. You will also be expected to provide advocacy support for householders facing more complex personal circumstances at home. There may also be scope for you to undertake home visits, and to attend events and training sessions offering advice to members of the public and other organisations. Finally, you will also be expected to work with our network partners including installers and local authorities.
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
- Be a good communicator able to listen and empathise with a wide range of householders, and to respond with accurate and appropriate advice and support around energy efficiency, on the phone.
- Be a good team player able to work both as part of a small team and unsupervised.
- Have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Be able to show a reasonable level of understanding of energy efficiency in the home, and a clear willingness to learn more.
- Be competent in the use of IT, including remote working tools such as MS Teams
- Ideally demonstrate that you have relevant work experience gained either through the charitable, health or social care sectors, or through the business world
- Be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to, and understanding of, our climate and ecological crisis.
- Be based in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, Derby/Derbyshire or the Black Country, or have a good knowledge of one or more of those areas.
Training: On the job training and support will be provided to you. This will include a combination of undertaking a Level 3 NVQ in energy awareness, to help prepare you for your new role, as well as day-to-day supervision to ensure you feel comfortable and supported in your work. You will also be expected to undergo a basic DBS check.
About Marches Energy Agency
Working together for energy efficient homes, Marches Energy Agency – www.mea.org.uk – has nearly 25 years of experience in helping householders keep warm and well at home. We are an independent, Shropshire-based charity with a remote staff and reach across the Midlands.
Pay: £17,616-£22,252 pro rata per annum; optional employer pension of up to 5%; work travel costs paid; opportunity to benefit from a team-related annual performance bonus.
Location: Home working/ MEA’s Shrewsbury office next to the River Severn.
Hours of work: Full time – 37.5 hours per week, but part-time/ flexible working hours available.
Leave: 24 paid days pro-rata per annum + bank holidays.
Duration: One-year contract with opportunity to extend further, subject to funding.
Application process: Send CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how you meet the person specification above to [email protected] by Tuesday 1 June 9am. Interviews 8 June either by zoom or in MEA office.