As a Principal Ecologist, you will be a key member of the team and will drive the direction of the ecology work stream across the region.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the management of the regional ecology team
- Provision of high level technical expertise to the business
- Business development
- Preparation of fee quotes and tenders
- Managing ecology appraisals and EcIAs
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Leading protected species surveys and mitigation projects
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Over eight years professional consultancy experience
- Protected Species Licence(s) e.g. Class 2 bat licence or dormice
- Experience of delivering EcIA and HRA
- Obtaining EPS licences
- Excellent report writing skills
- Relevant degree / postgraduate degree
- Full membership of CIEEM
- Full driving licence
We are seeking a dynamic individual with consultancy experience who is looking to progress a career within an ambitious environmental consultancy. On a personal level, we are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with good communication skills and the ability to fit into our friendly, lively and ambitious team. You must be prepared to work anti-social hours and away from your home office when reasonably required.
Ecus have been providing environmental consultancy services for over 30 years and have a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and a great working environment. Ecus is strengthening each regional office to meet the needs of that region, whilst continuing to support our core ecology and EIA services to provide a platform for sustainable growth.
The company has grown significantly in recent years with over 60 employees located across five UK offices and further exciting growth for the business planned.