We are looking for an Ecologist with 1-2 years full-time experience working in ecological consultancy.
This is a great opportunity to join our experienced, friendly and innovative Newcastle team, and one of the most successful and well-established independent ecological consultancies in the UK.
Our Newcastle office is attractively placed on the riverside with excellent transport links and local amenities.
We will work with you to develop your skills in all aspects of ecology and consultancy work through mentoring, a structured review process and tailored training programme.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy, 25 days annual leave and private healthcare amongst others.
What We Are Looking For
You will have:
- Relevant professional ecological experience ( 1-2 years full-time experience working in ecological consultancy)
- A broad ecological skill-set and, ideally, a protected species licences
- A working knowledge of current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication
- Some project management and client liaison skills
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc and / or MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
About BSG Ecology
Established in 1997, we are one of the largest independent ecological practices in the UK, with a permanent staff of fifty across six offices. We work with a wide range of clients and partner with leading consultancies in many other disciplines.
BSG Ecology is a multi-award winning consultancy. These prestigious awards reflect our demonstrable track record on projects that deliver on biodiversity as well as commercially, our commitment to sharing learning and good practice, the structured professional development of our staff, and our promotion of high standards in the profession.
Our vision is to be the first choice ecology consultancy and to continue to build our success on rewarding and challenging work. Our focus is on helping our clients achieve their aims, as well as securing the best outcomes for the environment.
How To Apply
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter telling us about yourself and what you feel you will bring to our team, to Jen Taylor ([email protected]) by Monday 31st May 2021.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies