Due to the ongoing success and expansion of the business, Aspect Ecology has an excellent opportunity for a talented ecologist to develop their career in ecological consultancy, by joining our industry leading team of specialists and working on our exciting range of challenging and interesting projects.
About Aspect Ecology
At Aspect Ecology, we specialise in providing ecological consultancy services to a well-established base of high profile clients in both the public and private sectors. Our Oxfordshire based team has a wealth of experience and expertise advising on an extensive range of projects nationwide with a focus on integrating ecological habitats and wildlife benefits within new developments. We are a professional and friendly team of enthusiastic ecologists who thrive on innovation and delivering a high quality output to our clients – see our website for more www.aspect-ecology.com and follow us on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/aspect-ecology-ltd-/.
About the Role
As an Ecologist, working within the ecology team, you will be undertaking a range of field survey work for habitats and faunal species (e.g. Phase 1, bats, Badger, GCN, reptiles, Otter, Water Vole, and nesting birds) across the UK. You will also carry out background research, manage and analyse field survey data, carrying out interpretation and writing technical reports. You will also have the opportunity to develop skills in project management and client engagement, under the guidance of our senior management team.
As a key member of the team, the following skills and experience are considered essential to the role:
- A relevant degree and/or post graduate qualification, with a strong academic ability and record;
- A sound background in natural history and familiarity with UK flora and fauna;
- Comprehensive experience with UK botanical and faunal identification;
- Knowledge and experience of Phase 1 habitat surveys;
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking protected species surveys;
- A broad understanding of UK wildlife legislation;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, with effective teamwork and excellent communication skills;
- The ability to produce concise, high quality, written reports;
- Full driving licence and own car, insured for business use.
In return, Aspect Ecology is proud to offer you a highly rewarding career in Ecology with a clear pathway for progression within the company alongside a competitive salary (commensurate with your experience), full training and a generous package of additional benefits.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, maximum 1 page, explaining why you feel this opportunity is right for you, to [email protected].
If your application is successful, we will contact you by email or telephone, to discuss the next steps and arrange an interview.