Are you an enthusiastic ecologist ready to broaden your experience and develop your career in consultancy? We are looking for an ecologist with at least 2 years’ experience to join us. You will work on a range of interesting projects from rural estates to large housing developments located in central southern England but primarily in Hampshire, Berkshire and Dorset. We are a small team and you will play a pivotal role in growing and developing the department.
The successful applicant will ideally meet the following requirements
- Professional attitude.
- Happy to work unsociable hours during the peak survey season.
- A commitment to the consultancy sector.
- Experienced at liaising with clients and project management.
- Competent at ecological appraisals.
- Experienced at initial phase 1 bat surveys.
- Experienced in protected species surveys. Holds at least one survey licence (Great crested newt and/or Class I or II bat licence desired).
- Experience at assisting with the production of EPSM licences.
- Good grounding in botany.
- Associate member of CIEEM desired.
- Full, clean driving licence and own car essential.
- Degree or masters in a relevant subject is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As an ecologist you will be involved in all aspects of projects from the initial fieldwork to final reporting stages. The role will involve working alongside planners and architects to resolve any ecological issues with a pragmatic approach.
Pro Vision is an established and growing company with a strong client base and workload. We aim to serve people, places and planet and deliver positive outcomes through carefully conceived and high quality solutions. We are a thriving example of an employee ownership company.
Package: Your salary will be based on your experience and qualifications. There will be a benefits package that will include pension and profit share bonus. Work will involve a combination of office and home working.
Location: near Winchester
Please email your CV and covering letter to Louisa Jones at [email protected]