Do you want to live and work in the beautiful South West of England? Are you fed up with being away from the sea and moors, stuck in an urban job? Here at Western Ecology we are looking for an outdoor loving ecologist to join our team. Come and enjoy a different lifestyle.
We have been established for six years now, and just keep on growing. We have five full time ecology staff and two admin, along with at least eight other part-time staff we can call on for various projects. However, we now need more full-time help.
You will work with a diverse range of clients across the South West and into South Wales, including householder projects, large renewable energy schemes, housing developments, and rail corridor vegetation management. This would be a perfect position for someone who has a couple of years consultancy experience and is eager to manage their own workload and move forwards in their career.
We will want you to:
- Complete ecology field surveys and assessments (for example preliminary ecology assessments, reptile, bat activity, and bat emergence surveys)
- Write reports.
- Liaise and work with clients and colleagues to organise surveys and provide your best professional advice.
- Work 40hrs per week
You will need the following:
- At least two years of previous experience working within ecological consultancy.
- Knowledge of wildlife policy and legislation, and a realistic sense for how it should be applied.
- We will need you to work unsocial hours, but in return we will give you time-off or additional pay, it’s your choice.
Other important things:
- You will largely be working across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset and you will ideally be based in Devon or Somerset. If you wish, you can also work on some of our larger projects as far away as Scotland.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Relevant degree
- Full, clean driving licence
- Good written and verbal communication skills
We offer you:
- The chance to work from home – this is important as it allows you to organise your own life away from a formal office environment. We support relaxed timekeeping and encourage people to skip work for a surf, bike ride, run, etc whenever the chance is there.
- All necessary equipment including Laptop/PC, mobile phone, survey tablet, office furniture and printer.
- If you wish, we will also provide you with a company vehicle.
- The opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects undertaking regular fieldwork and reporting.
- Working in a friendly, easy going team
- Good rates of pay (£21k – £24k depending on experience)
- Extremely flexible hours; we encourage staff to manage their own time and follow their passions outside work
- Company pension scheme
- Payment of professional memberships and CPD
- Statutory annual leave
In the first instance, please send your CV to [email protected].