Our sister company Camps Environmental Services are recruiting for an Ecologist!
Are you an experienced Mid / Senior Level Ecologist with a range of experience? Do you thrive working in the great outdoors? Do you have a keen interest in the environment and protected species?
Camps Environmental Services are a professional landscape, arboricultural and environmental consultancy providing survey, management, design and mitigation services for a range of clients including infrastructure agencies, local authorities, civil engineering companies, domestic and private clients. Our consultants are based nationwide and provide expertise and professional advice across a range of disciplines based on knowledge, experience and training.
Camps Environmental Services maintains healthy collaborative relationships with its clients and supply chain who can provide specialist services and consultancy from arboriculture and grassland-management to EPS specialists, Landscape architects, ecological and heritage professionals.
Recently, Camps Environmental Services have become part of the Chevron Group. The Chevron Group specialise in the delivery of digitally enabled work zone safety solutions across the Highways, Rail, Utilities and Events sectors. They are the largest, most successful organisation in our industry and are renowned for bringing forward innovation and change to benefit our customers and the sectors in which they work.
Working on a wide range of project types from private dwellings, local authority and major infrastructure projects, the role is busy and varied. Key elements will include extended habitat surveys, protected species surveys, formulation of mitigation proposals and habitat creation schemes, ecological clerk of work, technical reports for planning submission and biodiversity net gain assessments. Accuracy and efficiency is paramount to the role as ecological input into BREEAM assessments and EIAs is also under your remit.
The role will be home based (ideally within an easy commutable distance of our Oxford office) with travel within the Midlands and Southern England.
- Worcestershire / Gloucestershire
- Wiltshire / Oxfordshire
- Surrey / North Hants / Berkshire
- Bedfordshire / Cambridgeshire
A seasoned ecology professional, you possess sound knowledge of ecological strategies. Possessing excellent written and oral skills, you are confident liaising directly with a range of external and internal stakeholders, including, clients, sub-contractors, local planning authorities, and conservation bodies. You are flexible in your working approach and are happy to work unsociable hours, including nights and early mornings. You thrive working in an outdoor, and sometimes remote environment.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Competent in extended phase 1 habitat survey, ecological report writing and technical checking
- Relevant licences for bats; Level 1
- Competent in bat sound analysis
- Experience in the production and review of technical ecological reports
- Experienced in software package: MS Office, and mapping software tools such as QGIS, ArcGIS.
- Full UK driving licence and car ownership/access
- Associate or full membership to CIEEM
- Relevant licences for bats; Level 2
- Other protected species survey licences and/or some relevant survey/mitigation experience
- Previous successful submission of development licences for protected species
- Knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning process
- Experience of project management and preparing fee quotes
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related discipline
Please apply with your CV to [email protected]