Bakerwell Limited are looking for an ecologist with at least two years experience to join our Kent or Sussex office. The ideal candidate will have a graduate/post graduate degree in a related topic, be a member of CIEEM, hold 1 or more protected species licence/s, be experienced in a range of field surveys, the production of professional reports and plans using QGIS, have experience of putting together EPSML applications. Applicants should also have their own vehicle.
To apply contact [email protected] for more information on the role.
The successful candidate will:
Be passionate about ecology and conservation, be enthusiastic, creative, literate, self-motivated, conscientious and reliable, be confident working independently and be an inspiring member of our team.
- Delivering high quality ecological outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Design and carry out ecological surveys
- Produce reports and protected species licence applications.
- Produce survey mitigation and management plans.
- Work in collaboration with the team.
- Liaise with organisations, site contractors and sub-contractors.
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in ecology or a related subject.
- Protected species licence/s
- Good plant identification skills
- At least two years experience within a consultancy environment.
- Experience in a range of habitat and field surveys, analysing and interpreting data and writing professional level reports.
- A good understanding of the planning process and of appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Applicants should have membership of CIEEM.
- Good level of fitness appropriate to a range of outdoor surveys in any weather.
- Proven success of working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven evidence of communication at a variety of levels.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Applicants will need to hold a UK driving licence, have their own vehicle and be prepared to travel to different sites.
- Be available to work ecology survey hours.
- A post graduate qualification in relevant subject area.
- Higher level reporting and EPSML application preparation.
- CIEEM associate membership or higher.
- Valid CSCS card.
- QGIS skills.
- High level of plant identification skills evidenced by course certificates or other means.
What we offer
- The chance to work and develop your career with a growing company.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- 29 (including bank holidays and your birthday) days annual leave.
- All employees are invited to join our pension and healthcare scheme.
- Working week of 37.5 hrs with TOIL for out of hours surveys.
- Friendly working environment.
- Tailored training and mentoring career development program.
Bakerwell Limited aim to be the consultancy of choice for our clients in the South, recognised for our commitment to providing a clearly communicated, bespoke and innovative approach. Bakerwell are a growing company, building a team of staff that are engaged and passionate about the work they do and the clients they work with. We strive to be an exemplar ecological consultancy and have a diverse project portfolio resulting in high quality, biodiverse urban environments.
We undertake a wide range of ecological surveys across the South and occasionally further afield. We are a passionate, fun and flexible team with a strong work ethic. Our team currently work between two office bases in Kent and Sussex and meet regularly for training or collaborative work on larger projects.
Please send a CV, detailing relevant skills and experience and a cover letter to [email protected] by 24th May 2021.