SALARY B3 – £20,092 to £21,748 (pro-rata)
HOURS 22.2 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE Fixed Term (May 2023)
Leeds City Council is pleased to announce that is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our ranger team in order to deliver the Wade’s Charity funded ‘Wade’s Ranger’ project in Armley and Gotts parks.
The Wade’s Ranger project seeks to encourage community involvement in Armley and Gotts parks, through a packed programme of volunteering activities, school education sessions, public events, health walks, exhibitions and interpretative materials. By building upon the relationships we have with the local community and forging new ones we hope this project will contribute to and build support for a sustainable future for the parks and for Gotts Mansion.
To ensure the success of this project we are looking for an individual who will be able to:
- Deliver a programme of public events, workshops and guided walks to celebrate the natural and cultural heritage of the green space.
- Assist in the development of interpretation aids, including a mobile phone app, web content, information panels, leaflets and exhibition displays in Gotts Mansion.
- Liaise with schools to develop and deliver natural and cultural heritage education sessions at key stages 1 and 2.
- Encourage, train, develop, promote and coordinate groups of volunteers, to help protect and promote the greenspace.
- Work with colleagues, the Friends of Armley and Gotts Park and Gotts Park Golf Club CIC, in order to design and develop comprehensive improvement plan for the greenspace.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability to communicate with a wide range of people, including volunteers, members of the public, community groups, council officers and elected members
- A broad knowledge of horticulture and vegetable growing techniques.
- A broad knowledge of fauna and flora, together with knowledge of the conservation techniques required for woodland and grassland habitats.
- 2 years’ experience delivering the responsibilities above.
- And have a full UK driving licence.
To apply online, please visit the Leeds City Council jobs site.
All new Leeds City Council appointments are made subject to the satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds. Leeds City Council is a Stonewall Top 100 employer, a Mindful employer and a Disability Confident employer.