Hours of Work: Full time, 40 hours per week.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
Eunomia work primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation. We employ around 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
You will be involved in a range of tasks including desktop research, technical report writing, contributing to bids, complex excel based modelling and preparing presentations for clients. You will be involved in multiple projects at once; including assessing economic and financial instruments, market analysis, cost-benefit analysis, environmental valuation, and ex-ante assessment of proposed EU and UK policy proposals. You will be flexible, comfortable under pressure, have a strong work ethic, and an ability to learn technical work in a range of areas. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- A degree in economics or related numerate discipline;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering economic analysis using a range of tools including at least two of the following:
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis;
- Undertaking ex-ante policy appraisal;
- Analysing of shifts in supply and demand as a result of policy changes;
- Knowledge/experience of environmental valuation using advanced non-market valuation techniques.
- Strong technical understanding of a range of sustainability/ environmental issues from an economics viewpoint;
- Excellent research and data analysis skills; and
- Demonstrable experience of strong verbal and written communication skills including technical report writing.
- Experience of statistical and/or econometric modelling using R, Stata, SPSS or other data analysis software packages
- A Masters (or higher) degree in economics or environmental economics
- Advanced report writing skills.
£28,000 to £31,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Death in Service scheme;
- Private Healthcare;
- Group Pension and;
- Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] and must include the following:
1) A formal covering letter should be submitted (maximum 2 pages of A4) addressed to Gavin Bailey summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
2) A completed application form which should be downloaded from www.eunomia.co.uk/about-us/working-eunomia
3) The deadline for applications is 12 noon, Friday 21st May ’21.
4) First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and will be held via videoconference at a date to be confirmed.
5) Second interviews will be at a date to be confirmed.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: [email protected] | 0117 917 2250
No agencies please.
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward. Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no. 4150627