MacArthur Green specialises in providing ecological, hydrological, ornithological and peat consultancy services for renewables and grid projects. We are dedicated to helping projects with important benefits to people and nature succeed, whilst creating a positive environmental legacy through our work.
Our team has strong mix of scientific, commercial and regulatory knowledge and experience. This ensures that we consistently deliver high quality and pragmatic services and advice.
We are creating a positive environmental legacy by supporting PhD research projects and investing in our own native woodland planting scheme at Lochgair. This woodland delivers biodiversity benefits as well as helping to make MacArthur Green, and the services we deliver, carbon negative.
We require an enthusiastic and talented Consultant Ecologist to join our team to help deliver protected species (bat, otter, water vole, badger etc) and peatland projects.
The successful candidate will lead on the delivery of protected species and peatland surveys, data processing and technical reporting. The position will be a mix of field and office-based work. Lone working will be required, so you must be resourceful and content to work alone.
The role will include:
- Planning the logistics of protected species and peatland surveys.
- Coordinating and delivery of ecology surveys (bat, otter, water vole, badger, pine marten, red squirrel etc).
- Supporting peatland survey work (peat depth and condition assessments).
- Data entry (Excel) and digitisation (ArcGIS).
- Technical Reporting.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- At least two years professional experience of ecological survey and reporting.
- Degree or equivalent experience in an environmental field (Ecology, Zoology, Environmental Management).
- Experience and understanding of the environmental planning system in relation to the production of ecological impact assessments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Strong IT skills including, MS Word and Excel.
- Valid UK driving licence (manual is essential, ideally 4×4 driving experience).
- Willingness to travel and work away from home.
- A passion for ecology and the natural environment.
This position will be based in our Glasgow office (once we are able to return to the office under Covid regulations) and offers a competitive salary, depending on experience, together with (NEST) personal pension scheme.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Sharon Stewart– [email protected]
Your covering letter must tell us why you want to work for MacArthur Green and how your skills and experience fit this role.
Closing date: Tue 25th May 2021.
NO RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS PLEASE.
MacArthur Green is an equal opportunities employer.