Community Enabler (GRCF)
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,534 per annum (pro rata)
Working in Stoke on Trent and Newcastle Under Lyme
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Enabler to support the ‘Green Team’ employment, training and community volunteering scheme, focusing on practical conservation and environmental renewal in parks and greenspaces.
As part of a wider team the Community Enabler will utilise a range of community development techniques to engage and involve local residents and community groups, as well as working in partnership with voluntary organisations, local authorities, housing associations and corporate organisations to deliver environmental improvements to local greenspaces.
The Green Recovery Challenge Fund (GRCF) is funded by Defra and is being delivered by The National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with Natural England and the Environment Agency.
As part of this role you will:
- Organise and deliver community events within the sites suitable for a cross section of the community including families.
- Recruit and engage volunteers to a structured volunteer programme which will develop skills and knowledge whilst delivering conservation activities.
- Support volunteers to become more employable and to support their onward career progression.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements (including Covid-19 safety measures).
- Undertake and support delivery of training designed to link project activities.
You must have experience of recruiting and working with volunteers, delivering conservation projects within communities, as well as having a current UK Driving Licence and have access to your own vehicle.
Closing date: Friday 28th May 2021
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement in post.
No agencies please.