This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in helping in the delivery of the Tamara Landscape Partnership Scheme.
The Tamara Landscape Partnership Scheme is a five-year project primarily funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and hosted by the Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and Cornwall Council. This inspirational scheme will offer training and volunteering opportunities, events and support designed to enhance landscape and historical heritage, champion health and wellbeing, and boost the local economy – enriching lives and reviving livelihoods. To engender a step change in the number and nature of people engaged in and caring for this distinctive area, the scheme will reach out to and connect communities, individuals and disadvantaged and hard to reach groups.
The Communication Officer will deliver the following:
- To develop and implement the Communication Strategy of the Tamara Landscape Partnership.
- Manage and update the Tamara Landscape Partnership website, set up and manage the Tamara Landscape Partnership social channels (Currently Facebook, twitter & Instagram) and record and edit video content for social channels and longer form videos.
- Develop relationships and contacts for effective liaison with the press and achieve broad pick up of Tamara Landscape Partnership news stories.
- Manage the production and circulation of regular press releases aimed at a wide-ranging audiences/interest groups.
- Represent the Tamara Landscape Partnership at meetings and events as required and contribute to providing wide promotion and publicity for the Scheme through events, press releases, interpretation projects, promotional materials, reports and all forms of media.
- Organise and attend exhibitions, create event and display materials, banners, info boards, posters etc.
The Tamara Landscape Partnership team works closely with a wide range of public, private and voluntary organisations and this role requires the people, facilitation and project management skills to bring these diverse groups to work together towards shared goals.
This is a fixed term position, funded by the National Lottery Heritge Fund to support the Tamara Landscape Partnership. The contract will end on 31.12.25. It is a 0.6 FTE and the salary band is Cornwall Council Band H.
Any questions you may have or if would like to discuss any aspects of the role further please do not hesitate to contact James Luxton Tamara Landscape Partnership Scheme Manager, email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23rd May