Job Profile Summary
Responsible for exploring and developing new business opportunities, managing the successful development of offers, building strong and effective relationships with appropriate partner/supplier contacts and project managing specific elements of strategic projects, whilst exercising a sound combination of commercial and technical rigor to help achieve BP’s growth objectives.
The Business Development Advisor will report will be responsible for managing the existing renewables portfolio as well as supporting the execution of the growth strategy globally. You will be accountable for the day-to-day strategic management of existing and upcoming joint ventures and ensuring that they delivers strategic value. As part of this, you will be expected to manage all aspects related to governance, funding, performance management as well as helping drive investment decisions. In this role, you will also be responsible for managing the bp portfolio within solar and onshore wind across the globe, by generating commercial value.
This is an exciting period of growth in Zero Carbon Energy with further JVs likely to be set up in future years.
- Identify and drive key commercial solutions that will enhance the value of our Renewables JVs as well as the value from any Renewables portfolio within bp
- Drive performance and ensure alignment with bp strategy and compliance with operational, financial, commercial, risk monitoring and ethical requirements
- Be one of the key points of integration for any Asset Management matters between relevant stakeholders across bp, including other businesses, finance, strategy and treasury; as well as our JVs and any other relevant external parties
- Deliver commercial proposals, working in conjunction with other businesses, to grow the Zero Carbon Energy portfolio of bp organically
- Work with the Renewables Growth M&A deal teams on future inorganic opportunities and implement the integration of any acquisitions with the existing portfolio
- As a senior leader you will be expected to support in leading the Zero Carbon Energy agenda and coach other more junior members of the team
- JV management and understanding of key governance processes
- Experience in delivering commercial solutions in particular within the development phase
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage large amounts of complex information
- Strong leadership capability with excellent influencing and integration skills that energizes people and maximizes value.
- M&A Experience. Ideally has M&A experience in the utilities or energy space
- Entrepreneurial ‘start up’ mindset
- Experience in development and rolling out of integrated energy solutions
- Worked in a different number of geographies within renewables
- Track record in development of partnerships or joint ventures across the renewables sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Economics or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Flexible working will also be considered.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Entity: Gas & Low Carbon Energy
Job Family Group: Strategic Planning & Business Development Group
Relocation available: No
Travel required: Yes – up to 25%
Time Type: Full time
Country: United Kingdom
GAS AND LOW CARBON ENERGY
At bp we’re reimagining energy, and so could you. By reinventing our gas and low carbon energy businesses we’re advancing low carbon energy solutions for people and our planet. That’s why we need talent like you to join us.
Together, we will achieve this by:
- integrating our gas and renewable capabilities
- building and growing low and zero carbon businesses and markets
- developing new gas opportunities
- driving new decarbonisation technologies and capabilities
- leveraging digital to create innovative zero carbon energy solutions
- creating new business models that are driven by innovative financing solutions
- adopting new ways of working that unleash the ingenuity and potential of our people
- collaborating with the rest of our business to present ourselves as ‘one bp’ to our customers
Experience Level: Senior