Brent Rivers’ Engagement & Restoration Officer
We a recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed individual to continue the delivery of an innovative programme of community-led river restoration, green infrastructure and monitoring activities in and surrounding the rivers of the River Brent catchment. The postholder will work closely with other Thames21 staff in the area.
This role, funded by the Greggs Foundation, overseen by The Rivers Trust and the Brent Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levey Fund, will engage with volunteers, local groups and partner organisations to deliver river restoration, green infrastructure, and knowledge exchange and build skills.
Applicants should have:
- A good knowledge of water and local environmental quality issues
- Experience of supervising, supporting and coordinating volunteers
- Experience preparing, co-ordinating and delivering practical volunteer activities.
- Experience of supporting community participation and knowledge of equal opportunities issues and the ability to work effectively with a broad range of community groups
- Excellent presentation, administrative & organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and IT skills
Salary band: £24,000 to 28,000 per annum
Flexible working potential
Full time – 35 hours a week fixed term contract until March 2022, although part time applicants will also be considered
Please use the links below for further information- the full job description and our application form
Deadline for completed application forms: Sunday 23rd May 2021.
Interviews will be held on: Monday 28th May 2021.
Completed application forms should be emailed to: [email protected]