We are looking to appoint an Arboricultural Consultant to join our small, close-knit team of Landscape, Arboricultural, Ecological, and Forestry consultants working as part of an integral part of a larger organisation. We are looking for an experienced, qualified and ambitious consultant who can help us to offer unparalleled Arboricultural expertise and services to our existing clients within the commercial, public, private, utility, and charity sectors.
As Arboricultural Consultant for Maydencroft Limited your principal role will be the delivery of Tree Safety Inspections and Arboricultural Consultancy works on behalf of our clients. This will involve the following key tasks;
- Undertaking an ongoing programme of Tree Safety Inspections on behalf of Thames Water throughout all three of their operational regions
- Managing the Ezytreev system to record all tree information, and to run reports for both Maydencroft colleagues and Thames Water;
- Contribution to BS5837 Arboricultural Surveys & Reports for planning purposes;
- Arboricultural Clerk of Works for development projects;
- Provision of an Arboricultural advisory service to Maydencroft colleagues;
- Organising and managing sub consultants, as required;
- Working with our Arboricultural teams to guide the delivery of works on the ground;
- Regularly liaising with clients and providing information and assistance, as required;
- Undertaking emergency inspections, detailed tree assessments, and other Arboricultural consultancy services
Core skills and requirements
- A degree or minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a consulting capacity;
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspector qualification;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and able to deal directly with clients;
- Confident project management skills and the ability to manage project finances;
- Strong IT skills and the ability to use tree management software; Full, clean UK driving licence and willingness to travel;
Desirable skills / qualifications
- Experience undertaking BS5837 surveys and detailed tree condition reports;
- Use of Ezytreev and Pear Technology;
- Tree Climbing & Aerial Tree Rescue qualification.
- Technical proficiency in specialist software such as AutoCAD or similar mapping software;
- Professional membership of the Arboricultural Association;
- Experience working with Veteran Trees;
- Knowledge and understanding about ecology and protected species.
Full time – Monday-Friday, with the option to work remotely. 22 days annual leave, increasing with employment anniversary. All workwear and PPE provided and full use of company fleet of vehicles.